"We should buy young, British, hungry players..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We should buy young, British, hungry players..."

You know, we have already gone down this route recently - albeit they weren't all necessarily young.

Barton
    Bothroyd
    Young
    DJ
    SWP
    Anton

All the above, barring Anton and DJ, have made some sort of appearance for England. They all came bleating the same words, we want to prove ourselves, we want to get back into the England team. DJ and Anton both came saying they felt they could play for England and that QPR was a great stepping stone for this.

We all know what happened, and whilst some of the above may get another chance, it certainly wasn't all roses first time round.

I've seen a few threads commenting that HR shouldn't go to France and he should look in the lower leagues for "hungry" players - Becchio, CMS, Rhodes are all names that have sprung up.

The big issue is that we have 2 months to save our season, if we continue to be **** come March, we are down. There is a reason the Champ players I mentioned have been known for a while but never made the step up. They may try lots and run around a fair bit, but we already have Jamie Mackie doing that I don't think we can take the risk with unproven lower league players anymore. If we were comfortably mid table, I would be all for it however.

Definitely need to put our trust in HR and support the players he brings in. He's already performed wonders in the short time he's here, lets hope he can perform a miracle next!
    Last edited by Jeems; 12-01-2013, 12:12 AM.

I agree and I do think we should show more support to all our players even if they are not performing as well as we want them to. Furthermore bringing new faces now is risky and usually it takes time for them to adapt and time we do not have. Even if they make an impact in a few months it is too late. Most of the new faces since summer have been here awhile now and hopefully they will start to perform better as a team.

Comment

At least the British players know about QPR beforehand and in some instances even care, that is not a bad thing
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

British players tend to cost more these days because there isn't enough quality ones out there. Just look at Downing, Henderson and Carroll!!! Liverpool paid ridiculous money for them!

Comment

nationality is a bit of a red-herring. bothroyd, dyer, ephraim (happily taking the wages), zamora possibly - do they look like they care that much? mbia cares. cisses (kind of) cares. it comes down to character. thats what i find strange about the signing of say bosingwa - was there nobody hughes cd call with all his experience in the game to get the inside info of these players, or was he too seduced by cvs which carried the name of big clubs?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            nationality is a bit of a red-herring. bothroyd, dyer, ephraim (happily taking the wages), zamora possibly - do they look like they care that much? mbia cares. cisses (kind of) cares. it comes down to character. thats what i find strange about the signing of say bosingwa - was there nobody hughes cd call with all his experience in the game to get the inside info of these players, or was he too seduced by cvs which carried the name of big clubs?
            I agree. Just because we have quite a few foreign players in our squad, it doesn't mean they don't care. We've only got one player at the club who grew up supporting QPR and that's DJ Campbell. He out of anyone probably cares the most yet Hughes decided he didn't want him in his squad!! Odd

Comment

All you've done is name the British players we've bought, none of which are young and hungry........

Comment

Originally posted by RoryTheRanger View Post
                All you've done is name the British players we've bought, none of which are young and hungry........
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Bo ll ocks, ain't read it ribbit.too long
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Wouldn't put any of those you've listed in the young or hungry bracket.
                    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Personally, I don't give a stuff where our players come from, as long as they win games!
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                        Personally, I don't give a stuff where our players come from, as long as they win games!
                        This. If we signed half the Sierra Leon national team and they won us games I'd be well chuffed. Starting songs for em would be a bit of a killer though I reckon.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by RoryTheRanger View Post
                          You obviously didnt read what I wrote when I said they weren't necessarily young. What I did say was that when they came in, they were all supposedly "hungry" for success, ie they were motivated, they cared, they wanted to play.

I mentioned British players because everyone is saying we should go for homegrown talent to get us out of this, when this method actually work too well for us last year.

Comment

Working...
                          X