No announcement yet.

It's got to stop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. I rarely even buy a beer at QPR these days as well. £4.00 for a luke warm pint. Even that is getting too much now...

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
      100% spot on. Worked in Berlin for a while and see a few games loved it out there. And the beer is so nice, but strong though
      Haha you're not wrong mate... to be fair, Berliner Pilsner can make any match seem brilliant!

Comment

Rich mans sport nower days. Tickets, transport, food, beer, fight fines......need a weeks wages just for one match !!

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post

Much like everything else in this country, football is being ruined by a small number of powerful, uninformed, greedy profit driven t**ts at the top.
          Exactly this.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Rich mans sport nower days. Tickets, transport, food, beer, fight fines......need a weeks wages just for one match !!
            Fortunately, there aren't enough wealthy people who love football, to fill the grounds.
            The more expensive watching football becomes, the emptier stadiums will become.
            Football will one day have to start winning back the working man, or die.

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
              Yep. I rarely even buy a beer at QPR these days as well. £4.00 for a luke warm pint. Even that is getting too much now...
              the beer at the ground is awful, on saturday i was handed less than a pint that was dead. D E A D. I place it on the counter and smacked it, not a bubble. I said to the girls serving youd get more life out of a dead man if you w@nked him off. they just laughed

cant see anything being done about prices im afraid, we live in a country where the party in charge had to be asked time and time again to stop s******ing and laughing while they were introducing benefit cuts etc.

Comment

Too much money being squandered on agents and bog standard footballers. It has created football for cheats, tugging shirts, diving, refs making ****-up after ****-up and when a club like Liverpool, defend that cheat Suarez against little Mansfield you know its gone to the dogs
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

I've been watching Rangers since the 70s and for me the best decades were the 70s/80s. You could wake up on a SATURDAY morning and trot off to any ground in the country. That's what last Saturday reminded me of. Me and my mate decided on the morning to go and we got tickets easily. I have a lot of sympathy with our younger fans who never saw what great days those were. Perhaps it's a youth thing I don't know, but football seemed a lot better in those days, not just the football, but the whole day out.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                    I've been watching Rangers since the 70s and for me the best decades were the 70s/80s. You could wake up on a SATURDAY morning and trot off to any ground in the country. That's what last Saturday reminded me of. Me and my mate decided on the morning to go and we got tickets easily. I have a lot of sympathy with our younger fans who never saw what great days those were. Perhaps it's a youth thing I don't know, but football seemed a lot better in those days, not just the football, but the whole day out.
                    Agree with you there.

Comment

the raw smell of hot dogs n onions....the old shop oppo the ellerslie rd /school open end turnstiles.....goalden goal tickets n the 'peanuts peanuts roasted peanuts' man!!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

i can remember loads of seasons where i would turn up on the day and buy my ticket, same thing for away games. probably down to the lack of popularity more than anything else

Comment

marching bands before the game and half time only lasting ten minutes!
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                            German league isn't as exciting as the Premier League or even La Liga though, would be their argument. Agree about the blueprint of getting stadium full on cheaper prices. Peoples football for the people should return, especially with the huge increase in TV revenue from next season!
                            Yes, I guess watching high scoring games with different sides challenging in the top four nearly every season is not as exciting as watching the same clubs in the top 4 or 5 each season we have here.

Clubs should dramatically reduce prices next season and even go back to including cup games as part of season tickets in order to help fans. Especially as the TV money is rocketing. Stop giving all the money to players managers and agents etc and give something back to the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              Have some sympathy but fans can't have it both ways. Do they want to see top international talent in the Prem League? If so 15 quid tickets won't do it. Yes TV money is more important but clubs are having to maximise revenues across the board to pay the transfers and wages for top world talent - which fans are demanding. Would you really want to return to a pre-Ronaldo Premier League of largely British honest toilers with not too much skill? The German model is a recipe to make the Premier League like a glorified Championship. Football is becoming one of our big industries and I can't see change any time soon.
                              And how do you work that out? I take it you haven't been watching the champions league?
                              As for less exciting, what is exciting about the PL, as predictable as the SPL.
                              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

the bundesliga and the football that goes with it, is much more exciting than the premier leauge, imo of course

Comment

Working...
                                X