Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto

They are not happy !!

http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/1/8...en-hell-start?

Tough titties. And anyway its just one journo's angle.

Comment

Technically we still own Canada and the Queen is head of state so due to the fact she supports QPR surely she can have a word.

Comment

Well i am actually a Ryan Nelsen fan and not a QPR fan. I am following my man to Toronto, cmon the Red's! Im off to their messageboards to introduce myself as a fellow Red's fan and ingratiate myself as one of them. I just hope they understand how lucky they are to have a New Zealand god amongst them and they dare not criticize him!

Comment

YES! Give a sh1t! We can keep hold of him (For a while...) Next two months are crucial

Comment

Sh*t club slogan! My missus is a nightmare when she wakes in the red.

Comment

That guy talks about an experienced man coming in and having overall control and say on everything. Perfect solution = we keep Nelson and they can have what he wants - Mark Hughes, the perfect fit for Toronto
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

They have no idea how lucky & great full they should be having Ryan
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I would be interested in whether any discussion was held with the club before Nelsen accepted the job with Toronto. It sounds like Toronto just assumed that Nelsen would be able to leave. This should have all been sorted out before any announcement was made.

Also no mention has been made as to whether or not he has obtained a visa to work in Canada. His wife is American which allows him to work in the US but Canada is a separate country. Canada is hardly going to grant him a visa while he is still contracted to work in the UK.
                  Last edited by jmelanie; 09-01-2013, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                    Well i am actually a Ryan Nelsen fan and not a QPR fan. I am following my man to Toronto, cmon the Red's! Im off to their messageboards to introduce myself as a fellow Red's fan and ingratiate myself as one of them. I just hope they understand how lucky they are to have a New Zealand god amongst them and they dare not criticize him!
                    I think once the shock of the move has set in most reasonable Toronto FC supporters are warming up to the move! Please join me at U-SECTOR, we are the real supporters message board and there are many knowledgeable posters on there as well as the odd lunatic!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector...hp?showforum=1
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

Gator, are you really from Toronto? I visited it once and it's a very beautiful city and Canada is a lovely country. It was wintertime and I even watched a hockey game Maple Leafs v. Washington. I usually don't like hockey, but I recon Ovetskin and Lundin were fabulous. Only Canadian beer was poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        Gator, are you really from Toronto? I visited it once and it's a very beautiful city and Canada is a lovely country. It was wintertime and I even watched a hockey game Maple Leafs v. Washington. I usually don't like hockey, but I recon Ovetskin and Lundin were fabulous. Only Canadian beer was poor.
                        Gator does indeed live in the Toronoto area (GTA, sort of like Torontos version of Greater London); the game between The Leafs & The Caps are normally quite good & Ovechkin is a friggin monster of a player.

Not sure where you got your beer from, as there are quite a few European style bars in & around the Toronto area & the local beer over here I actually really like. Fav at the moment is Molsen Export, full bodied taste with a nice little kick :pleasantsuprise:
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Fraggy, Molsen was indeed one of them. Actually, I had a flu and didn't taste anything. Not strong enough then

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                            Fraggy, Molsen was indeed one of them. Actually, I had a flu and didn't taste anything. Not strong enough then
                            Molsen Export or Molsen Canadian? - if Canadian I can understand why with a cold you wouldn't taste much as it is a light beer, but import is more of a full bodied flavour with a ABV of about 5%; so not your Special Brew or Tennants super strength; but seeing as the cost is much less (depending on whether you hit the tourist traps or not), a very good buzz could be achieved at very little expense
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I guess them all were quite light, so must have been Molsen Canadian. I'll try to remember Export next time. And I'm sure those light beers taste better during summer

Comment

Working...
                              X