No announcement yet.

nelson out of order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If yu dont understand why people are cutting Nelsen some slack then you either have missed a lot of games this season or are a bit thick.

The man came here as 4th choice
    He's about 168 years old
    In a couple of games he has single handedly been the only one giving 100%
    He's gone about his business in a way 99% of other pro's could only dream of.

THAT deserves some slack

I personally hope he comes out and says he signed a deal over the pond but remains committed to our cause and will only leave once that's done or he's no longer required.

Who would've thought we'd be pinning our hopes on Tiny Nelsen......
    I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Nelson's actual quotes?:

"I've got some obligations at QPR that we have just got to go through. It has been a bit of whirlwind so there are some details we have to go through. I've had several conversations with Harry and Tony Fernandes. They have been so understanding with my situation. They understand that when I play I am playing on glass knees and glass ankles. It is a bit of a struggle. They know I am at the end but they also know the predicament they are in. It is a major predicament. Getting out the English Premier League has major financial implications and there is a lot of pressure from fans, the media and so on, so I have an obligation.

I really want QPR to stay up and to kick on for Harry and because of the owner. They are just fantastic people. They would like me to keep playing but we have to sit down and talk. If we can get five straight wins, that'd be perfect. I think then we can shake hands [and part company] but we are just going to have to talk and see how things progress."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...r-toronto-mls?

Comment

kiss me hardy!!!!!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

"If we can get five straight wins, that'd be perfect?!" lol classic quote

Comment

More I think about it the more annoyed I am.
            Arry went public and radio rental about mercenaries, basically pointing the finger at Bos and everyone agreed with Arry, utter contempt for mercenaries united this board.
            However Nelsen says sod this I'm off, we all say bye bye we love you. Your either a mercenary or your not, it's like being pregnant. Can't be a bit mercenary in that it was a only a year contract and he did work hard for a few months.
            If he's just walked, Arry should be vocal on this as he was previously IMHO.
            As to him coming to be back up, I don't get this. If you get a job and your old and told to clean the bogs but you work hard, all around you are idiots, the boss spots your talent and promotes you to Vice Chairman you don't say sod this I only wanted to clean the bogs.
            If Nelsen was so unhappy he had to leave because he was doing well, being constantly picked and becoming Captain, then that is unbelievable.
            Again as said previously I don't know why he has been allowed to go but it's the strangest call I've heard at our club for sometime and that is saying something.

Comment

im seriously annoyed tonight.....so much ive decided not to renew my subscription to the nuts magazine this year!

Comment

I'm with Tblock on this one. Here we are,knee deep in ****e and we are allowing one of our stand out performers to leave? I'm sorry but Nelson signed a contract so he should honour it and I'm not having this nonsense about knees and ankles. If he was that bad he shouldn't of signed a lucrative contract. No,he's let us down big time.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                  As to him coming to be back up, I don't get this. If you get a job and your old and told to clean the bogs but you work hard, all around you are idiots, the boss spots your talent and promotes you to Vice Chairman you don't say sod this I only wanted to clean the bogs.
                  Well presumably being vice chairman would come with a pay rise! Nelsen probably earns a fifth of the likes of Park and Bosingwa. As he says, his knees and ankles are on their last legs and I bet he didn't come with the expectation that he would be playing 30-odd games this season. It's a fantastic opportunity for him and as he said, he's going to talk it over with Harry and figure something out.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                    More I think about it the more annoyed I am.
                    Arry went public and radio rental about mercenaries, basically pointing the finger at Bos and everyone agreed with Arry, utter contempt for mercenaries united this board.
                    However Nelsen says sod this I'm off, we all say bye bye we love you. Your either a mercenary or your not, it's like being pregnant. Can't be a bit mercenary in that it was a only a year contract and he did work hard for a few months.
                    If he's just walked, Arry should be vocal on this as he was previously IMHO.
                    If Nelsen was so unhappy he had to leave because he was doing well, being constantly picked and becoming Captain, then that is unbelievable.
                    Again as said previously I don't know why he has been allowed to go but it's the strangest call I've heard at our club for sometime and that is saying something.
                    First of all I doubt Nelson is on 65k p/w like Bos. Neither did he sign a 3 year contract like Bos did; it was just a 1 year deal which runs out in June. If he were to wait until then he could quite possibly be out on his ear from QPR and basically unemployed as the Toronto job will no longer be available.

Furthermore, do you really think Nelson would have refused to be a sub like Bos did? And who would you say has been the more committed to the cause overall between the two and has put in more consistently good performances? Nelson has arguably been our player of the season, whereas Bos isnt even on the radar.

Taking all that into account would you still class him 'mercenary', or any more 'mercenary' than any other modern-day footballer?

Having said all that it's still by no means certain that he wont stay until the end of the season, or at least until we're safe from relegation, before he leaves.

Comment

I don't believe the bit about knees and ankles either. He missed the preseason (and important preparation time) because he was playing for New Zealand and he has returned to New Zealand to play for the national team. If he was not 100% he would not have been able to do this. He can't have it both ways. I think he wants to go to Canada but continue playing (he said he did not want to retire). If he decides to leave then he retires and I do not think there is much the club can do, but if he wants to continue playing then he should honour his obligation and stay until the end of the season.

Comment

From the Offy. Doesn't say much we have not been told already.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/08...to-586505.aspx

Comment

I, like others on here by the sounds of it, will be giving him a fantastic reception if this proves to be his last game.

Wh should he be QPR through and through? He's been with us less than a season but what he has shown he is is he gives his all in every game.

A managerial role for an ageing defender is a terrific opportunity and a step up

Put it in your day to day context, because after all football is their job, like ours:
                          You work at a company, love the place, met some good people and enjoying the challenge. You can't be doing this role in a year is so as your getting on a bit but nonetheless you're giving it a good go.
                          Now one day the phone rings, a recruiter offers you a job that is a step up, is more your scene as you're a bit older and can't be kicking it in the office with the young kids much longer.

Would you tell me you would not consider that job offer?

Comment

We are fighting for our premier league lives right now, and now is not the time to jump ship.
                            Nelsen should stay and see out the fight, it's not as if this offer from Toronto will be the only one he'll ever get, is it?
                            Bet you if it was bloody Manchester Utd he was at, Nelsen wouldn't even give the thought of going a 10 second wonder.
                            Good to see he has an inclination regarding his 'obligations' to Queen's Park Rangers, shame they only seem to encompass the next 5 games only.

Comment

e tu brute springs to mind!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                                I, like others on here by the sounds of it, will be giving him a fantastic reception if this proves to be his last game.

Wh should he be QPR through and through? He's been with us less than a season but what he has shown he is is he gives his all in every game.

A managerial role for an ageing defender is a terrific opportunity and a step up

Put it in your day to day context, because after all football is their job, like ours:
                                You work at a company, love the place, met some good people and enjoying the challenge. You can't be doing this role in a year is so as your getting on a bit but nonetheless you're giving it a good go.
                                Now one day the phone rings, a recruiter offers you a job that is a step up, is more your scene as you're a bit older and can't be kicking it in the office with the young kids much longer.

Would you tell me you would not consider that job offer?
                                In normal jobs if you decide to leave you have to give at least a month's notice (and often longer). However if you have a fixed contract and there is nothing to say you can give notice to leave early then you stay until the contract runs out.

Comment

Working...
                                X