Just back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back

8900 odd fans awful atmosphere, should have let ST holders go free or for token amount. The way we've been playing we would never have filled the stadium.

Harry clearly used as a way of seeing players. Here's my expert evaluation:

Cesar - Had little to do but what he did do was solid
    Dyer - MOTM quality with the ball all game, quick, right decisions on the ball and a goal. Well done KIERON!
    Nelsen - Normal performance
    Hill - Dominant against Lukaku and had a good game overall
    Ben Haim - Very sound first half, second half he was tiring but would expect nothing less as hasn't been playing. Good debut
    Park - **** poor first half better second when he couldn't hide behing Granero and more so Mbia's work rate
    Granero - Quality on the ball always available, clever player. Taken off at HT as I reckon Harry decided he's happy with him
    Mbia - loves a tumble but also isn't scared to shoot, one went close and always wants the ball. Did a decent job
    Taarabt - Not bad but sometimes trys to do too much. Average game by his standards
    DJ - Worked his #### off (Cisse take note) Didn't get a sniff in front of goal as bugger all service. One time he would have had a shot on target at least Taarabt decided to not pass it
    Bothroyd - 2nd half sub for Granero, worked harder than before as he knows he has to (****es me off that sort of mentality), won a few headers but if Harry deciding based on this performance he'll go
    Mackie - Awful all game. Never takes the ball on his back foot and so therefore always plays himself into trouble. Rarely drove forward. Poor
    Onouha - came on for Nelsen with 10 mins left and went CB. Did nothing wrong and has good pace. Better at RB than CB for me but did well

Overall a better passing & more solid display but still lacking in the final third. Dyer, again was immense for me today.

Cheers Rich

Out of interest which position did Dyer play ?

Could he be the answer to our RB problem ???

Comment

Good report, cheers pal.

Comment

Worst game / atmos in a long time. Bring on the league games.

Comment

Dyer played right back until Harry switched him and Ben Haim with about 15 mins to go. Good job as Dyer scored from the left....:-)

Comment

Fair assessment Rich. Felt Sorry for DJ, Needs early balls to feed off and we dwelled on it in midfield for far too long. He must understand how Cisse feels. We looked more of a threat as a 4-4-2 playing more direct but again rarely did we hit Bothroyd with a high ball for DJ to get on the flick. Was a good workout for the squad and more of a friendly than cup game.

Comment

I agree with every word Rich tbh mate other than Ben Haim - maybe I'm being a tad harsh but I thought he was pretty poor, especially first half. Passing seemed awful could barely make a 10 yard pass at times
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                I agree with every word Rich tbh mate other than Ben Haim - maybe I'm being a tad harsh but I thought he was pretty poor, especially first half. Passing seemed awful could barely make a 10 yard pass at times
                Tbf he always was an outlet and wanted the ball, problem was he has absolutely no left foot whatsoever! Had to cut back in everytime

Comment

Maybe I was taking into account it being his first competitive game against Prem opposition for a while. Thought he looked tidy. Traore would start LB for me though with Onouha at RB and Dyer in place of Mackie at RM.

Comment

If we have any more home games need to let ST holders in for free

Cant have a dead atmosphere like that again

Comment

Our build up play is so slow we can never hit teams on the break as soon as the ball goes to Adel the whole thing slows down? Mackie waste of space,thought M'bia could have done better,park ok, Hill & Nelson same as normal, Dyer very good gives a great option coming forward from full back, Dudley no real service, Granero looked very good,the rest pretty average

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        8900 odd fans awful atmosphere, should have let ST holders go free or for token amount. The way we've been playing we would never have filled the stadium.

Harry clearly used as a way of seeing players. Here's my expert evaluation:

Cesar - Had little to do but what he did do was solid
                        Dyer - MOTM quality with the ball all game, quick, right decisions on the ball and a goal. Well done KIERON!
                        Nelsen - Normal performance
                        Hill - Dominant against Lukaku and had a good game overall
                        Ben Haim - Very sound first half, second half he was tiring but would expect nothing less as hasn't been playing. Good debut
                        Park - **** poor first half better second when he couldn't hide behing Granero and more so Mbia's work rate
                        Granero - Quality on the ball always available, clever player. Taken off at HT as I reckon Harry decided he's happy with him
                        Mbia - loves a tumble but also isn't scared to shoot, one went close and always wants the ball. Did a decent job
                        Taarabt - Not bad but sometimes trys to do too much. Average game by his standards
                        DJ - Worked his #### off (Cisse take note) Didn't get a sniff in front of goal as bugger all service. One time he would have had a shot on target at least Taarabt decided to not pass it
                        Bothroyd - 2nd half sub for Granero, worked harder than before as he knows he has to (****es me off that sort of mentality), won a few headers but if Harry deciding based on this performance he'll go
                        Mackie - Awful all game. Never takes the ball on his back foot and so therefore always plays himself into trouble. Rarely drove forward. Poor
                        Onouha - came on for Nelsen with 10 mins left and went CB. Did nothing wrong and has good pace. Better at RB than CB for me but did well

Overall a better passing & more solid display but still lacking in the final third. Dyer, again was immense for me today.
                        Agree with much of this, but Ned was very badly at fault for their goal. His was an error straight out of the Anton playbook...... I was not impressed. Park very, very poor first half and not worthy a place. I was v pleased to see he was no longer captain. Park provided no telling pass all game. Can't understand why Granero was subbed and Park wasn't. And Adel, again, was played way too deep. Dudley did enough to merit a squad number and, while it pains me to say it, Bothroyd was decent enough. It's a mystery why, with his technique, he's proved such a bad buy. He might, if no one comes in and there's a shirt spare merit a place in the 25. The real problem today was that we- as ever- created so few chances. This is a failing of the team as a whole, not just those up front, and especially the midfield. Clint, I think, played the most telling and penetrative passes today. That says it all. We are really, really, really going to miss Ryan Nelsen.

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                          Tbf he always was an outlet and wanted the ball, problem was he has absolutely no left foot whatsoever! Had to cut back in everytime
                          Yea true. I don't think he is an LB either, CB aint he? So maybe too harsh to judge when he's played out of position.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                            Maybe I was taking into account it being his first competitive game against Prem opposition for a while. Thought he looked tidy. Traore would start LB for me though with Onouha at RB and Dyer in place of Mackie at RM.
                            Fabio at left back for me buddy he was superb against Chelsea playing there and Traore playing in front of him; think with that our left hand side would be tasty

Comment

Think I would always go Traore want our left back to be left footed but Fabio had a stormer at Chelsea

Comment

Working...
                              X