Danny graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRob View Post
    In how many days did he have to spend when tony took over? Can't remember exactly but it was less than a week I think. Swans and Norwich had all summer. Not saying warnock would have been a success but he certainly could not of done any worse than Hughes.
    Cant argue with that.. Although you could argue hughes got a goalscorer in cisse and he scored some vital goals
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by QPRob View Post
      In how many days did he have to spend when tony took over? Can't remember exactly but it was less than a week I think. Swans and Norwich had all summer. Not saying warnock would have been a success but he certainly could not of done any worse than Hughes.
      well, he had enough time to make the signings that he did. yeah hughes was bad last season was'nt he. we only beat arsenal, liverpool, tottenham and ran the champions elect all the way to the 92nd min. not to menton trouncing swansea and wigan.

dont get me wrong, hughes caused his own downfall by what happened in the summer transfer window but to say he is a **** manager is wrong.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

But going by my original point, some on here seem to conveniantly think that warnkock had no money to spend and only brought in freebees etc etc. im just pointing out that is not the case.

also, at the beginning of our promotion year, didnt warnkock get 10 mil to spend from tango and cash.?

seem to remember tommy smith and rob hulse at 1.5 and 2mil respectivley.

if people are going to moan about managers and previous chairman at least provide the facts and not lies which only serve to validate their posts and views.

Right, where did i leave my blinkers
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

anton ferdinand 5.9 million, hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
            £4M is a lot of dosh still --- most of our signings still freebies and I dont believe Granero was £9M.

Not sure how he's doing at the moment but a player I always felt would be a good fit for us is Kevin Doyle at Wolves.

And another thing... Whens Chris Samba joining??!?!?!
            Granero cost us £3.9million and could rise depending on performances and other bits

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              Your hero had more than just a few million to spend,

Joey barton (2mil signing on fee)

luke young (1mil)

bothroyd (1 mil signing on fee)

dj campbell, 1.5 mil

anton ferdinand (undisclosed but heard on good athority 5.9 mil) shocking price!

swp (2mil)

so there you have it, warnkock spent plenty.
              Hahaha. Ferdinand cost us £1.5 million. Our most expensive player has been Granero.

Comment

But going by my original point, some on here seem to conveniently think that warnkock had no money to spend and only brought in freebees etc etc. im just pointing out that is not the case.
                It would also be fair to say that he was left outside the shop window and had to watch all the other managers take their pick before the owners allowed him to step inside. A bit like shopping for Christmas presents at a petrol station on Christmas Eve 11:45pm.
                A Brit, abroad

Comment

Not said Hughes is sheet. I just don't know if he was any better than warnock for us. Probably not much difference in points won by Hughes and warnock last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Frisson View Post
                    It would also be fair to say that he was left outside the shop window and had to watch all the other managers take their pick before the owners allowed him to step inside. A bit like shopping for Christmas presents at a petrol station on Christmas Eve 11:45pm.
                    True... i'm amazed he didn't leave Anton on the BP shelf.....

Comment

Your hero had more than just a few million to spend,

Joey barton (2mil signing on fee)

luke young (1mil)

bothroyd (1 mil signing on fee)

dj campbell, 1.5 mil

anton ferdinand (undisclosed but heard on good athority 5.9 mil) shocking price!

swp (2mil)

so there you have it, warnkock spent plenty.

Do try to consider the subject of the thread before twisting my comments.

The thread is about Graham and why we not able to sign him at the specific time when T & C were in charge. They dictating to Warnock that there was no money for transfers because they were trying to sell the club, and this was the point I was making.

So instead we got the three free's in Dyer, Gabbidon & Bothroyd. The Mackail-Smith affair occured at the same time and was met with the same result, no money available for transfers at that time. These deals for Graham and Mackail-Smith were agreed subject to a transfer fee which didn't get approved. The Graham deal was publicised as being sanctioned by Warnocks wife using female intuition at their home, which was a joke at the time, and he joined Swansea only when he discovered that our owners weren't backing the manager. Also Barry Fry said a deal was done for CMS six weeks prior to going public. So to re-iterate, at that time Warnock had no money to spend, and if there could of been a few million provided we might have captured these two plus one or two others, who knows.

It's true that at the 11th hour with a week to go, Tony took over and gave him funds, and we did panic buy some of the 'leftovers', Barton coz no-one else wanted him, plus Ferdinand and DJ, but they were not the prime targets he wanted.

NW isn't my hero, but the timing of the ownership changeover was very unlucky for him. But I do think that he was a better manager than Hughes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
                        Do try to consider the subject of the thread before twisting my comments.

The thread is about Graham and why we not able to sign him at the specific time when T & C were in charge. They dictating to Warnock that there was no money for transfers because they were trying to sell the club, and this was the point I was making.

So instead we got the three free's in Dyer, Gabbidon & Bothroyd. The Mackail-Smith affair occured at the same time and was met with the same result, no money available for transfers at that time. These deals for Graham and Mackail-Smith were agreed subject to a transfer fee which didn't get approved. The Graham deal was publicised as being sanctioned by Warnocks wife using female intuition at their home, which was a joke at the time, and he joined Swansea only when he discovered that our owners weren't backing the manager. Also Barry Fry said a deal was done for CMS six weeks prior to going public. So to re-iterate, at that time Warnock had no money to spend, and if there could of been a few million provided we might have captured these two plus one or two others, who knows.

It's true that at the 11th hour with a week to go, Tony took over and gave him funds, and we did panic buy some of the 'leftovers', Barton coz no-one else wanted him, plus Ferdinand and DJ, but they were not the prime targets he wanted.

NW isn't my hero, but the timing of the ownership changeover was very unlucky for him. But I do think that he was a better manager than Hughes.
                        This is 100% true, we would ahve had Routledge, Graham and Mackail Smith if the take over happened a few weeks earlier

Comment

Not saying he is the complete answer but the quality is there with him, would like this to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                            This is 100% true, we would ahve had Routledge, Graham and Mackail Smith if the take over happened a few weeks earlier
                            I wonder what the team would have looked like had Warnock been given the funds to bring in the players he wanted early in that summer transfer window.

Comment

@Hitman, most of those signings were last minute get what you can sort of transfers.

I doubt any of them would have been on Warnocks list had he had the time to spend wisely.

Comment

Not a garantie that it would have been better with those players had NW got the money for them.....its all hypothetical and all speculation.

Much more interesting who will join the sinking ship.......I would think twice about joining QPR at this stage unless I was a young player with time enough ahead of me to see a relegation through. On top of that why would I join QPR if a mid table club was in for me as well or a good continental club? Only if I knew the manager or if my blood were blue and white hooped I would join.......or if they paid me enough money of course.....

Point is who can we really get?

Comment

Working...
                                X