Nelsen leaving to... /merged/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fisnik View Post
    Totally. I really can't blame him if he sees this as an opportunity for him that he can't let pass. I'm disappointed and wish he could be convinced to stay but wish him all the best!
    Exactly this - not fair of any of our fans to have a pop at him and say its unprofessional and that he should see his contract out. He isn't a "contract rebel" that's refusing to play unless he gets allowed a transfer; he is a top pro and has obviously been offered a deal that, at the stage of his career / life (although the latter sounds abit deep!) he is currently at, is too good an offer to refuse. Arry has said he won't stand in his way should Ryan want to take up this offer - which, IMO, is a sign of the respect he has for him (although, admittedly, it would be nice for us to at least try and persuade him to put it off until the summer!).

In fairness to him - would you rather be fighting for relegation in West London or sunning it in North America with a coushy gaffer's job? :pleasantsuprise:

I'll be gutted if / when he goes, but wish him all the best wherever he ends up, he has been absolutely superb for us this season - will be sorely missed!
    Last edited by MattyRangers; 08-01-2013, 08:49 AM.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Him going to Canada could have disastrous consequences for us. Him at the back gives me a small hope that we might stay up this season. He is under contract with us until the end of the season and he should honour that. The club need to think about the club's future in the top flight. A centre half pairing of Ferdinand and Hill will see us go down, whilst Haim will do ok, but will be nothing like Nelsen.
      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

• Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
        Him going to Canada could have disastrous consequences for us. Him at the back gives me a small hope that we might stay up this season. He is under contract with us until the end of the season and he should honour that. The club need to think about the club's future in the top flight. A centre half pairing of Ferdinand and Hill will see us go down, whilst Haim will do ok, but will be nothing like Nelsen.
        I have no doubts about that. Scary thought aint it

Comment

• Respect works both ways, he has been paid a healthy sum by QPR and should be seeing out his contract and trying to keep us up then he can go head held high. If he leaves now then he is letting QPR andthe fans down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
            But if he's signed a contract until the end of the season, he'd still be in breach of contract if he chooses to "retire" and walk away by choice rather than necessity. If they wanted to the club could make it difficult to walk.
            His contract is meaningless. Toronto is not in the EU and he is not a UK citizen. They can do nothing at all. Even if it was in the EU they could do very little.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

• i dont see why this cant be sorted out at the end of the season,this whole thing stinks if you ask me!!!
              LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Exactly this - not fair of any of our fans to have a pop at him and say its unprofessional and that he should see his contract out. He isn't a "contract rebel" that's refusing to play unless he gets allowed a transfer; he is a top pro and has obviously been offered a deal that, at the stage of his career / life (although the latter sounds abit deep!) he is currently at, is too good an offer to refuse. Arry has said he won't stand in his way should Ryan want to take up this offer - which, IMO, is a sign of the respect he has for him (although, admittedly, it would be nice for us to at least try and persuade him to put it off until the summer!).

In fairness to him - would you rather be fighting for relegation in West London or sunning it in North America with a coushy gaffer's job? :pleasantsuprise:

I'll be gutted if / when he goes, but wish him all the best wherever he ends up, he has been absolutely superb for us this season - will be sorely missed!
                You are a nice bloke matty but think you are being nicer than he deserves. he signed a contract and in our hour of need he has decided not to honour it. he has only been here five or six months - why sign something if you don't have any intention of sticking to it. And this after all the praise his manager - who has already shown his faith in him by signing him before - has heaped on him. Am sure it won't be the last coaching role he will be offered. I thought he was a fighter but he has gone down badly in my estimation.

Comment

In fairness to him - would you rather be fighting for relegation in West London or sunning it in North
                  He's moved to Toronto not Florida! It's freezing with snow there at the moment so I doubt he will be sunning it.

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                    He has given his blood and sweat for the cause...... He owes us nothing.

This is clearly a long-term decision for himself and his family.

I wish him all the best.
                    Sorry, but is this season finished already? No dig at you and I hope Harry has got someone lined up as a replacement.
                    We need TWO CB´s now then
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by wicksta View Post
                      He's moved to Toronto not Florida! It's freezing with snow there at the moment so I doubt he will be sunning it.
                      Oops. Geography never was my strong point. I blame the fact I had a right tasty geography teacher and so spent mosta my time in her class "tucking it up my waistband" rather than listening.

But anyway, I reckon skiing in Toronto is still a tad more appealing than Shepards Bush for him?

Comment

Oops. Geography never was my strong point. I blame the fact I had a right tasty geography teacher and so spent mosta my time in her class "tucking it up my waistband" rather than listening.

But anyway, I reckon skiing in Toronto is still a tad more appealing than Shepards Bush for him?
                        Me and a mate took a bird skiing once in the back of cab. Who needs snow.

Comment

• Has Nelson left yet? maybe he can squeeze in one more against Spurs? just so we dont have to play Ferdinand. Hopefully Harry can get a centre half in by next week
                          with A.F. playing we are F####D and Down the most inept CB since Karl Ready!

Comment

• Whe whole issue here for me is this. If he (most likely) had intentions to take up a coaching role if one came up, he should have asked for a 6 month rolling contract in case an opportunity came up in the MLS. After all, he has links there, hence this approach, so it must have been a consideration. then if something came up, as it has, just don't extend your contract and everyone knows where they stand, if it doesn't then stay until the end of the season and see if an offer then etc.

The fact he has signed (we assume) a 1 year deal, if he was an honourable person, he would see that out and say to the MLS side, sorry im tied up until the summer but definitely interested so if there's an option then id be up fot it.

It's not as if he's getting too old or anything and it's now or never is it??! Blimey if he hung around long enough Harry is just the type of manager that looks to promote ex players into coaching and he has the utmost respect for Nelsen so who's to say he couldn't get involved in coaching potentially with us next year, or other clubs over here. Surely better to start in a coaching or assistant role anyway for any budding manager of tomorrow.
                            Last edited by Del; 08-01-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wicksta View Post
                              currently 10 degrees colder than here

Comment

• Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
                                Me and a mate took a bird skiing once in the back of cab. Who needs snow.
                                Good lad. McCluskys?

Comment

Working...
                                X