No announcement yet.

Nelsen leaving to... /merged/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem is....do we want an unhappy player in our central defence who is doing nothing but think about Toronto and MLS? I totally understand why a 35 year old player with no coaching experience but plenty of MLS experience would say yes to a MLS head coach job.....who wouldn't?

Shame for us that is the only issue really......

Anyway it is at least a true story as HR said on the WB post match interview....he said its a difficult situation but unfortunately Nelsen seems to want to head to the US to coach

Comment

• Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
      We do not know what his contract says. He has been toying with the idea of going back to North America for some time, so maybe this was written into his contract.
      True, and if this is something he's had aspirations to do then he may well have had some sort of clause, and apparently he was bought in as 4th choice CB (just cements how poor Mark Hughes' judgement is) so they may not have thought it would impact us if it happened.

The problem now is he is arguably the first choie on the teamsheet for most fans, and our best defender by a country mile, so if he leaves i'd be dissapointed in him for not seeing it through, and if he has no clause and the club allow him to leave, i will be dissapointed in them as they will effectively be cheating the fans. It could also obviously play a pivotal factor in us getting relegated, should that happen. If that happened by a point or two, how many would say i wonder what might have happened if he stayed.....??

Comment

• I think the only player available that can fill his shoes is Distin (on a short term deal).

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
          Nothing to do with loyalty, its about the club having some backbone and putting their foot down. Sure he coudl strike and all that rubbish, but if he takes that route when we are in our current plight, let him rot in the reserves out of principle.
          We can't make him rot anywhere seeing as he is retiring as a player, he can walk out of the door.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

• is this a fl ukin joke, tell him he cant flu c in leave and he carries on playing for us until his contract is up. We need all the good players we can get at the moment. He signed the deal he can work it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
              is this a fl ukin joke, tell him he cant flu c in leave and he carries on playing for us until his contract is up. We need all the good players we can get at the moment. He signed the deal he can work it.
              I think you are missing the point. We can only hold him to his contract if he is going to play for another club, which he isn't, so he can walk out the door and be a coach and we can't do a lot about it.
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

• Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                We can't make him rot anywhere seeing as he is retiring as a player, he can walk out of the door.
                But if he's signed a contract until the end of the season, he'd still be in breach of contract if he chooses to "retire" and walk away by choice rather than necessity. If they wanted to the club could make it difficult to walk.

Comment

• This is a bad day for QPR and Toronto FC, QPR lose their best defender and TFC rolls the dice on a player with no coaching experience! Toronto FC have been terrible in their 7 years of existence the difference being in MLS you can't get relegated, sometimes I wish there was a lower division for them to play in so they could learn how to win! When the rumours of Nelson's arrival started I was hoping he would come over at the end of the season as a player/coach but that's not the case, as bad as QPR can seem to you all there is another team I support which is worse! It is official according to the Canadian Press: http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=412975
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

• I think the club might have said something. Toronto apparently wanted him as a player/manager but now say he is going as manager. Therefore he is retiring and since he is retiring he can't play anymore (for Rangers or anybody else). I personally think that this is a bit short sighted on his behalf because 1) he has no previous coaching experience and is going straight in as manager 2) he wanted to continue playing for New Zealand and 3) Toronto are not a very good team and they dispose of managers in a similar way to Chelsea (7 in 8 years). He would have done better to stay with the club and perhaps gone into a coaching position here.

Having said this a couple of weeks ago Harry relieved him of the captaincy. This could have been because he know he was leaving or because he did not figure in Harry's plans for the future.

Comment

• He has given his blood and sweat for the cause...... He owes us nothing.

This is clearly a long-term decision for himself and his family.

I wish him all the best.

Comment

• Not sure how long term it is, as you all probably know North America is even more cut-throat than the UK. After the American Football season finished 6 coaches/managers were immediately sacked (out of a total of about 16) because their teams did not make the play-offs. Having said that they do not usually sack managers during the season, so they are at least safe for a year.

Comment

• I'm still just completely gutted. If our big-name signings had shown just 10% of the commitment he has we'd be far better off. Hope it all works out for him though, he's earned that much from us.

Comment

• gutted and the only player that has really shown any real consistency.

We will miss you big man, and good luck in coaching
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Totally. I really can't blame him if he sees this as an opportunity for him that he can't let pass. I'm disappointed and wish he could be convinced to stay but wish him all the best!

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
                                I wouldn't want to stand in his way or nothing, but surely he signed a contract for the season...???? If so, i'm sorry the club's status must come first and they should refuse to release him now when we need him most!
                                they can refuse but the law wont allow slavery. his choice if, qpr have a prob compensation sorts it out

Comment

Working...
                                X