Nelsen leaving to... /merged/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
    I wouldn't worry so much as long as we have someone lined up on loan *Dawson*
    Caulker on loan would probably be more realistic (if we are only talking Tottenham defenders). Dawson been first team recently.

Comment

The guy is 35 was meant to only play a few games for us . He is obviously up for the battle but a MASSIVE opportunity has come up for him and his family. I will hold no grudges against nelson at all.

Comment

Can't really blame him for wanting to go at his age and with the opportunity to get a start as a manager. The way Harry was talking makes me fear the worst.

Comment

Players like Nelson with his character we should be trying to keep on at the club in a coaching role so they can cut their teeth. Might not be a enough to stop him going but I hope we have made such a suggestion to him

Comment

Confirmed by Harry in his press conference. Didn't go as far to say that he has agreed to it but confirmed that Nelsen wants to go and seemed pretty pesimistic of our chances of keeping him. This is bad, bad news for us, who are we gonna get our hands on that is capable of replacing Nelsen?!!!

Comment

I like him but he's 35 and I don't think he can last 17 games week in week out and thats no disrespect to him. I think HR has a couple of Centre halfs linned up in the coming weeks IMO.

Comment

Good luck to him.

Comment

Been our best player this season IMO and will be sorry to see him go. I wish him good luck with whatever he decides to do.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                    Caulker on loan would probably be more realistic (if we are only talking Tottenham defenders). Dawson been first team recently.
                    So has Caulker aint he? The 2 of em CB when Ive seen em play? Both would be pucker but cant see Spurs letting either go tbh.

Regards Nelsen, dont think anybody would begrudge him going one bit, understandable opportunity for him and his family to go to the States & he can pursue his managerial / coaching career - I wish him all the very best if he does. Just a huge shame and loss for us, big boots to fill for any new CB we sign.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Sack Bosingwa and give Nelsen his 65K per week until the end of the season. Sorted!

Even if we don't sack Bosingwa, surely there is a number that would persuade him to stay until the end of the season and surely it is worth paying since his leaving will severely damage our already faint hopes of staying up. I'm guessing that is what HR is talking to the owners about.
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

This is the most miserable I've been all season. Awful awful unwelcome news
                        Under Les Ferdinand:
                        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Strange things football contracts. Players are apparently still able to earn £65,000 a week while feigning injuries but players can opt out of contracts half way through because they fancy a new challenge in America.

Comment

Enter Lescott!

Comment

Bumping this first thread so that people will post here instead of in the duplicate one.
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                                Strange things football contracts. Players are apparently still able to earn £65,000 a week while feigning injuries but players can opt out of contracts half way through because they fancy a new challenge in America.

Comment

Working...
                                X