Redknapp rules out Mackie exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redknapp rules out Mackie exit

Harry Redknapp has told Fulham to forget about a January move for QPR forward Jamie Mackie.

Rangers' west London rivals have been linked with a surprise £3million swoop for the Scotland international, who has scored two goals this season.

Mackie has started every game under Redknapp and still has two-and-a-half years to run on his contract at Loftus Road.

The R's boss wants to bring in as many as five new faces when the transfer window reopens next week, with several players set to be offloaded to free up space in his squad.

However, Redknapp insists he has no intention of flogging Mackie to their neighbours.

“Jamie's a fantastic boy, a great lad," the QPR chief told the Chronicle.

"He's the sort of boy who gives everything and you couldn't meet a better lad than him.

“He's the kind of player we want to keep hold of – I love Jamie. I enjoy seeing him coming into work every day. He's a top bloke.”

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...#ixzz2GwFIBa3E
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

gotta love jamie......lovely young family and always time for the fans.hope he is here for many years!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Fair play. Not my kind of footballer but 99% of our lot could learn a thing or 2 off of him about attitude, application & desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
        Fair play. Not my kind of footballer but 99% of our lot could learn a thing or 2 off of him about attitude, application & desire.
        agreed rocs...limited ability and will never pull up trees regularly in the prem.........but id have him in the trenches over more gifted but heartless performers!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Never been a great fan of his as a player, but for attitude and hunger, there's not many better in the squad, and that counts for quite a bit in my book.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

personally think he's a smashing lad as frog face Ray would say, but a pretty average footballer. He should be a squad player but because we have been totally under performing he actually merits his place. Rather him than cisse although he does miss the odd sitter he causes defences more problems with effort movement and desire
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Hes not the best footballer. But he gets goals, thats for sure. And he runs himself into the ground every single game. I think hes brilliant, reminds me of a young gareth ainsworth.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

roc's still talking allot of sense after a good bashing, leave the fighting to us boys that can take a punch ;)

Comment

Gotta agree, don't rate him at all but he seems a lovely bloke and has QPR in his heart

Comment

Limited ability, but bags of enthusiasm. I agree he should be used mainly as a sub, but the form of others has seen him used as a regular starter (which for me only makes QPR's problems worse because he often misses chances he should score - like last night or against Fulham).

Comment

Would always be a place in my squad for a lad like Jamie.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        roc's still talking allot of sense after a good bashing, leave the fighting to us boys that can take a punch ;)
                        It was a wine bottle around the side of the nut & fear not that only came from an accomplice after I'd belted his pal all over the gaff like a rag doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                          It was a wine bottle around the side of the nut & fear not that only came from an accomplice after I'd belted his pal all over the gaff like a rag doll.
                          what happened mate, were they chelsea?

Comment

Without players like Mackie, Hill and Derry we would have no heart in the team. My heroes.

Comment

Na bar brawl not football related. Basically fella started spouting off drunk & cos he was with about 5 fellas he thought I'd listen to his sh!t but I won't / didn't. Next thing bish bash bosh

Comment

Working...
                              X