League Table of Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League Table of Hope

If we can keep this up for the rest of the season we have got half a chance.

If you swapped Newcastle for Southampton and Pushed Man City up to top 2 that's not far from how I thought the final table would look......that was a long time ago though!
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

We need to get out PPG up to 1.7. Going to be touch with the run of fixtures we have coming up but like I said yesterday our season will be defined after our run of games between end of Feb and mid April. There is 5 games on the bounce which given a bit of confidence we could take maximum points from.

Comment

I am not going to get carried away by one win.

When QPR manage to string 2 wins together (not done since April 2011), and perhaps until they go on an unbeaten run of 4-6 games I will not feel hopeful of getting out of the bottom 3.

Comment

I think the points total to stay up will be low this year.

To reach 35 points we need to average around 1.3 points a game. That basically means we have to replicate what West Ham have done in their first 20 games of the season. We need to pick up points like a top 10 team.

It's still a big ask, but not impossible. 35 might see us well clear of the drop this year, but I think that should be our target.

Comment

Why does everyone keep calculating what we need as if it's an exact science?!

The fact is nobody has any idea what the magic number will be this season. All that matters is we get enough points / game to overtake the 3 above us. That may be a lot, or may not if 3 of them go on a long losing / winless runs, which is perfectly feasible, if not likely.

We need to forget totals and just retain an eye on 17th as we progress.

Comment

It's easy, all we have to do is get to 17th and stay there no matter what the teams below us do, so if they win 5-0, we win 5-0, if they lose 0-5, we lose 0-5. What could be simpler? Forget about points, stalk our peers!!

Comment

Working...
              X