Liverpool game was our rock bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool game was our rock bottom

I'm hoping that the Liverpool game was our rock bottom moment. Last night was truly a great performance, loved every second of it. Watching Luiz sprint to get the ball back as time was running out. Have some of that!!!

It looks as though Redknapp has somehow stumbled upon the our best side and formation. If we can get a bit of quality in to replace Mackie and Hill, and Faurlin to replace Derry then we are in with a shout. Initially I think Redknapp felt that as we are bottom we need to be a big long ball wimbledon style starting 11 to get us out of trouble. Slowly he is realising we are better when we play a bit of football - Granero in for Diakite is a sign of this realisation.

Cesar again proved he is in a different league to Green.

Granero again showed that Diakite should be nowhere near the starting 11. Pleased he is off to the African Nations. I genuinely think that Granero never gave the ball away last night. Amazing performance.

The extra man in midfield gives Adel freedom to roam around and not create any issues at the back (just check out how many goals we have conceded where Adel was the closest player).

Mbia is still a major worry in midfield, he like Diakite is just clueless but does offer some physical presence, despite diving every time he is touched, his touch and distribution are awful but he does put a shift in and run around a lot. Personally I would get him in at centre half instead of Hill or move Nedum inside and play Mbia at right back.

Fabio is ok and more consistant and less lax than Traore, although Traore much better going forward.

Spurs at home is gonna be a bit special!!
    :drunk:

Was like Bolton away last season when we thought relegation was guaranteed. We somehow got the win a few days later against the Scousers.

Was pleasing not to see Diakite and M'Bia not playing together. Neither are disciplined in their positions together.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Working...
    X