We've gone in for Beckford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superckat View Post
    We seem to be aiming for lots of targets. Unfortunately we seem to always be well wide of the mark
    you talking about our strikers again

Comment

I heard we bid in excess of £2m plus a player.

That got turned down so I doubt £2m is going to change things.

A bit like me going into a sweet shop to buy large galaxy bar with a tuppence.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
        you talking about our strikers again
        I see what you did there

Comment

it appears to me that our attempts at getting a striker are about as fruitful as our attempts on goal. Lots of shots being fired but nothing seems to hit the target. Bet we end up with a hatful of goals one day and a fistful of strikers the next. London buses!!
          Remember Gillard!!

Comment

the bid

i heard the bid we put in last week was 2-8 million plus balanta

Comment

Originally posted by ROUTLEDGE FOR ENGLAND View Post
              Ageymang

Comment

Originally posted by ROUTLEDGE FOR ENGLAND View Post
                I read on here £2.8 + Agyemang, which is more likely to be offered,but they may want Balanta,who is someone who i don't see going anywhere.

Comment

I'd heard Gorkss/Vine/Ephraim.
                  Who's to know??

The only one out of the ones mentioned that I wouldn't be overly concerned to see leave is Big Pat, as he was bought as a target man and that's what the swap would be. Still a bit concerned that Beckford is unproven at this leel.
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Come on the law of averages suggest that after all these false dawns that we must get a quality (if that what Beckford is) striker eventually!!!

keep the faith people - if you lose hope then you lose everything.
                    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

2.8 and Agge would be more than exceptable. I'd even say 3.5 if the board would spend that much. Any deal that includes Gorrs or Hogan would be a no, and as much as I like Vine it appears the broken leg has really done a number on him.

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                        I'd heard Gorkss/Vine/Ephraim.
                        Who's to know??

The only one out of the ones mentioned that I wouldn't be overly concerned to see leave is Big Pat, as he was bought as a target man and that's what the swap would be. Still a bit concerned that Beckford is unproven at this leel.

Why would we give 3 proven CCC players and i expect you mean cash also, ofr 1 unproven striker at this level.....?

I think he would hit the ground running in this div, but can'tsee the above deal ever happening.

Comment

He might hit the ground running, but he might not.
                          And if we've sacrificed a lot of money and even ONE of the above players, then it would be a sickener if he flopped at CCC level.
                          Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                            Why would we give 3 proven CCC players and i expect you mean cash also, ofr 1 unproven striker at this level.....?

I think he would hit the ground running in this div, but can'tsee the above deal ever happening.
                            It wouldn't make business sense for Leeds to offer more than one player to replace.

Less cash would be involved and they would then have to front wages for 3 players who wouldn't be cheap to pay.

Comment

Beckford needs to start agitating his end if he wants the move.

Comment

A couple of weeks back, Jermaine Beckford was openly quoted as saying he would be happy to go to Newcastle, but was waiting for them to sort themselves out.
                                He probably still is, and will no doubt wait until one minute to midnight on deadline day for them to come in for him, rather than sign for us, or anyone else - other than a Prem club.

Can't see him coming to QPR, but you never know I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X