Frank Lampard? **** off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
    Peacock started out for us. Wicks did not join us directly from Chelski. Managers are different.

I don't have a problem with every Chelski player moving up to LR, but I do with Frank who has become Chelski through-and-through.
    He is still a good player and will work his socks off for his uncle Harry.

QPR need a goalscorer and Frankl Lampard is a goalscoring midfielder. I couldn't care less if he is a Chelsea player. As for others comments about has beens looking for a big pay day, who knows, FL might be willing to sign a contract until the end of the season with an option to extend if QPR stay up..and that would do nicely thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      He is still a good player and will work his socks off for his uncle Harry.

QPR need a goalscorer and Frankl Lampard is a goalscoring midfielder. I couldn't care less if he is a Chelsea player. As for others comments about has beens looking for a big pay day, who knows, FL might be willing to sign a contract until the end of the season with an option to extend if QPR stay up..and that would do nicely thank you.
      People need to realise two things.

1) He is getting older.
      2) He will not score as much playing for us as he did at Chelski.

Look at his career, his strike rate is around 1 in 3 for Chelski, 1 in 4 for England, but when you see his West Ham career, it is almost 1 in 7. If you're playing in a good team surrounded by good players, you are likely to score a lot more than if you're playing for a sh1te team like us.

Comment

Look at his career, his strike rate is around 1 in 3 for Chelski, 1 in 4 for England, but when you see his West Ham career, it is almost 1 in 7. If you're playing in a good team surrounded by good players, you are likely to score a lot more than if you're playing for a sh1te team like us.
        He moved to Chelsea when he was 23, still learning the game and 5/6 years before his peak.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          He moved to Chelsea when he was 23, still learning the game and 5/6 years before his peak.
          Yes, and now that he is past his peak, he'll probably get the same strike rate at us that he did at West Ham. Anyone who thinks he will be scoring even one every five games for us is delusional.

Comment

Yes, and now that he is past his peak, he'll probably get the same strike rate at us that he did at West Ham. Anyone who thinks he will be scoring even one every five games for us is delusional.
            Oh well, lets stick with granero, faurlin and Mbia, one goal a season between them...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              Oh well, lets stick with granero, faurlin and Mbia, one goal a season between them...
              I am not saying we should not bring someone else in. I am saying I do not want an overpaid Cheslki scum in our team. Can you imagine if we stayed up, we'll never hear the end of "a Chelsea has-been helped you stay up", even if his contribution was next to nothing.

We need to build for the future. If it means we go down, then so be it. The owners have said they're here for the long run, so it is not as if we will be penniless. I would rather we went down, rebuilt the team with new. fresh talent, and then came back up, then stay up and remain a squad of has-beens.

Comment

Have to agree with Marshy on this.
                The club now knows, or should do by now, where it has gone disastrously wrong in the transfer market.
                To repeat those same mistakes ad nauseum, will not sit well with me.
                I don't care how good Lampard is, or was. He is Chelsea through and through.
                Once he walks in the door at Loftus Rd, if we sign him, we can abandon all pretence of having any semblence of pride.
                God knows, we have precious little to be proud of as QPR fans these days, but what little pride we still possess will all but disappear once our club goes cap-in-hand to that shower of shyte in SW6.
                When all is said and done, I would rather we were a good club in the Championship, with our pride fully restored, than a club regarded as perennial strugglers in the premiership, the butt of countless jokes amongst rival fans, a kind of care home for ageing couldn't-care-less about QPR, knobends.

Comment

Anybody that thinks lampard isn't class is crazy. Take the anti Chelsea blinkers off, look at his record and you will see one of the best centre midfielders out there.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    Anybody that thinks lampard isn't class is crazy. Take the anti Chelsea blinkers off, look at his record and you will see one of the best centre midfielders out there.
                    Got too agree. If Lionel Messi was free too sign for us would people object saying he's Barca through and through? Probably the same people that Boo'd Paul Furlong when he came here because of his Chelski connections. He didn't turn out to be too bad though...
                    Don't you just love Gianni "I've never done nothing wrong for this club" Paladini..

Comment

Originally posted by weston View Post
                      Got too agree. If Lionel Messi was free too sign for us would people object saying he's Barca through and through? Probably the same people that Boo'd Paul Furlong when he came here because of his Chelski connections. He didn't turn out to be too bad though...
                      If Messi was a has-been who had played 10 years for Chelski and said he loves the club, then I am sure some people would object to him signing for us. As it happens, he is Barca through and through and at the peak of his career, so I don't think you would find even one fan who would object.

And as Bushranger says, pride is something - I don't want to hear Chelski scum laughing that one of their has-beens kept us up (even if his contribution was next to nothing).

Matty, yes, he has been a class player in the past, but if you think he is going to come here and shine in a ****e team, I think you're being too optimistic mate. I remember him at the World Cups, one of the most truly awful players - had the most shots, scored none.

Comment

If Messi was a has-been who had played 10 years for Chelski and said he loves the club, then I am sure some people would object to him signing for us. As it happens, he is Barca through and through and at the peak of his career, so I don't think you would find even one fan who would object.

And as Bushranger says, pride is something - I don't want to hear Chelski scum laughing that one of their has-beens kept us up (even if his contribution was next to nothing).

Matty, yes, he has been a class player in the past, but if you think he is going to come here and shine in a ****e team, I think you're being too optimistic mate. I remember him at the World Cups, one of the most truly awful players - had the most shots, scored none.

Pains me 2 say but I agree 100% on this one. Easy playing in a top side and I think the money he'd demand is just not worth it matty
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

The guy earns over 100k per week and wouldn't be remotely worth the investment for us. Central Midfield is one of our stronger areas, and the last thing we need to do is have FL taking us for £5m right through 2014...

He was always a very reactive player anyway. By which I mean he doesn't create much himself, and relies on creativity to come from others. He's always been excellent at making runs into the box and finishing chances. I don't think this is the sort of player that could join a poor team like ours and massively change their fortunes. We'd need to get a Drogba (05-10 version) and a Robben to play in front and alongside him.

And I still haven't seen any argument as to why, having spent a career winning trophies, FL will suddenly care hugely about whether QPR finish 15th or 18th. Apart from the ridiculous 'well he'll try hard cos Arry's his uncle', as if that a) meant anything or b) couldn't just mean that Arry will be extra lenient to him and let him get away with murder/gluttony.

Comment

In order of importance, we need:
                            Centre Forward
                            Centre Half
                            Wingers / wide forwards

...and I reckon that's it. Current CM options should be fine. Last thing we need is another 234567890987654567890 new signings

Comment

Afraid marshy contradicts himself with every post. He tries to argue against lampard on footballing terms (even, amusingly, on his scoring record, then when that silly argument is knocked down he is forced back to his playground chant of "I don't want a chelsea scum." If we must talk about chelsea they have meant nothing to me since the mid nineties. Can't stand these stupid songs about chelsea at games. They won the lottery and got the biggest spending owner in world football and we got gianni paladini. Beyond a few old chelsea boys, most chelsea fans hardly know who we are. If we are really lucky and we somehow escape relegation we can build up a new rivalry with fulham. If
                              not it will be back to thinking about palace and watford. Some fans need to seriously get over themselves and ourselves. Oh, and final thought, if it is always wrong to sign an aged ex chelsea midfielder can I just remind you of a certain ray wilkins...

Comment

In Harry we have to trust...Lamps or no Lamps after all QPR FC is what matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X