9 wins needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 wins needed

With 9 wins, we will reach 37 points. There will be a couple of more draws as well so this should save our season. But where will we get 9 win from? I can only see this from home games plus maybe one away win at Reading. So here are the 8 more games we can most probably win:

1. WBA
    2. Liverpool
    3. Spurs or maybe Arsenal
    4. Norwich
    5. Sunderland
    6. Wigan
    7. Stoke
    8. Newcastle
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

we might loos all of them and win the others thats QPR !

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
      With 9 wins, we will reach 37 points. There will be a couple of more draws as well so this should save our season. But where will we get 9 win from? I can only see this from home games plus maybe one away win at Reading. So here are the 8 more games we can most probably win:

1. WBA
      2. Liverpool
      3. Spurs or maybe Arsenal
      4. Norwich
      5. Sunderland
      6. Wigan
      7. Stoke
      8. Newcastle
      So optimistic I know it's Christmas with your 9 win only 37? Still feel it needs to be 40 pts to make sure !

Comment

Originally posted by rockandroll View Post
        we might loos all of them and win the others thats QPR !
        Typical QPR do it the hard way
        Last edited by Yousef; 26-12-2012, 05:04 AM.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          So optimistic I know it's Christmas with your 9 win only 37? Still feel it needs to be 40 pts to make sure !
          That's why I said with a couple of draws!
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            40 points is a myth mate I think 40 points has only been needed twice in premier league history. The average to be safe is about 35.

8 wins and a few draws for me think two away wins would help!! What we need to do 2nd half of season is ensure were taking points off those around us and not loosing to the likes of Southampton and Reading etc

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              40 points is a myth mate I think 40 points has only been needed twice in premier league history. The average to be safe is about 35.

8 wins and a few draws for me think two away wins would help!! What we need to do 2nd half of season is ensure were taking points off those around us and not loosing to the likes of Southampton and Reading etc
              This. Quite simply we need more points / a better GD than whoever's in 18th - that could be 40 pts or it could be 25. Currently, its 5 pts more than we have which is nothing at all with 20 games to play. No need to panic yet.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Re: the number of points needed: Zeberdee posted this in another thread.

I count 6 times in 16 seasons that at least 40 points were needed.
                And 8 times in 16 seasons that at least 39 points were needed.
                And 11 times in 16 seasons that at least 38 points were needed.

The saving grace is that the number of points needed seems to be going down in recent years.

http://www.soccerbythenumbers.com/20...er-league.html

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5IR0CU5lsB...+1995-2010.png
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                X