The frustrating thing for me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The frustrating thing for me....

is that 4 of our best players are on the bloody bench! How do we expect to win games when Connolly, Gorkss, Vine, Buzz????!!! Ok - vine hasnt looked as sharp so far this year, but has he really been given a proper chance? Has helguson done anmything at all to warrant staying in the side? I was happy with JM - the way we were playing, but leaving possibly our 4 best players on the bench - is an absoloute shocker of a decision.

We had one of the best defences in the division last year, now we leave the players out?? Ummm, explain??

We missed Buzz and Vine so much last year - they were 2 key players - and as soon as they are fit, we leave them out? How can we expect an improvement on last year - with ludicrous team selections like this?

Sort it out JM - wake up and see we are leaving out our best players on the bench - i do not understand why??

Players like these are bound to want to leave the club if we dont succeed, and if they are warming the bench. I cannot understand it at all.

Must admit when I saw them come out to warm up at half time, that was my feeling...

That said, Vine didn't do much when he came on. Buz was an improvement but not a patch on his pre-injury form. Connolly I'd at least play at right or left back if there isn't room for him in the centre, he has to start somewhere, too good to leave out (if fit)

Comment

But then again, Buzz was put on the left - whats all that about? I remember when Buzz and Legs were first signed, and i thought how good they were paired in the middle. We seemed to dominate the midfield in most games. Now we bring on vine too late - and we put our best player on the bench, and then out of position. Says it all really. Play them in the correct positions or not at all in my opinion

Comment

Vine needs match practice/fitness and he won't get that on the bench.
        He could probably do with a boost -- being left out for HH can't be easy to take.
        Same goes for all four, really -- bound to knock your confidence being left out for certain other players..
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

You have to play your strongest side, and play players in their best position to be effective.... otherwise they are wasted...

Comment

Vine will come good. He just needs match practice.We know what he can do. Can't do much on the bench!
            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
              But then again, Buzz was put on the left - whats all that about? I remember when Buzz and Legs were first signed, and i thought how good they were paired in the middle. We seemed to dominate the midfield in most games. Now we bring on vine too late - and we put our best player on the bench, and then out of position. Says it all really. Play them in the correct positions or not at all in my opinion
              Agree.

The problem is that GP has gone off and signed about 2,000 central midfielders and JM feels that he needs to give them all a chance. If only the squad wasn't over run by midfielders on painfully long contracts, we may have a chance...

Oh, and will the 4-4-2 brigade (led by Mr Briatore) keep it down until the squad is balanced enough to even contemplate a proper 4-42.

3-5-2 anyone???

Comment

Working...
              X