A wasted opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A wasted opportunity

So frustrated that we lost today. After seeing the positive line up, perfomrance and result at Fulham - I had complete confidence of another good performance, and even a win. Newcastle were only 7 points ahead, and we were on form. As soon as that lineup was announced - all hope was gone. I have no idea what Harry was thinking today. I am completely behind him, great manager - but I just dont get why we changed it. I could forgive him for one change, but why such drastic changes? If it was Man Utd away, i could understand resting our players, but this was a very winnable game - and instead we have come back with nothing. Such a shame, we could be 4 or less points away from safety if it wasnt for that team selection - very dissapointing,

Originally posted by Dando View Post
    So frustrated that we lost today. After seeing the positive line up, perfomrance and result at Fulham - I had complete confidence of another good performance, and even a win. Newcastle were only 7 points ahead, and we were on form. As soon as that lineup was announced - all hope was gone. I have no idea what Harry was thinking today. I am completely behind him, great manager - but I just dont get why we changed it. I could forgive him for one change, but why such drastic changes? If it was Man Utd away, i could understand resting our players, but this was a very winnable game - and instead we have come back with nothing. Such a shame, we could be 4 or less points away from safety if it wasnt for that team selection - very dissapointing,
    Perfect post.

Comment

This loss was on the good guys.
      HR should have the same team - terrible dicision.
      Nelsen as good as he played for the goal was to far back - should have been a offside

Comment

Spot on

Comment

Post of the day. I haven't felt this miserable all season. Bar, I guess, Swansea. After Soton I was happy because it meant we'd get shot of Hughes. We seriously screwed up today. Newcastle were poor. But we were poorer. Can't see, without new players, how that team can improve...

Comment

Better opportunities are ahead:
            Reading, Soton, Villa, Fulham, West Ham.

We never get much up North.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Knew we were doomed as soon as Ferdinand in the team, should have stuck with same team that beat Fulham . Big mistake by H.R?

Comment

Never change a winning team, unless forced to.
                One unwritten rule in football that should never be ignored.

Comment

Agree, i would say that it was the first loss in 5 games so that is positive. We cannot expect to go unbeaten in this league especially with our lack of quality. having said that i think he should have gone for it. Maybe he was giving a few a chance to show what they can do before january

Comment

We should of kept the same team as last week and attacked them !
                    2 shots in 95 mins in unacceptable for the fans who travelled up !
                    I'd rather lose attacking than watch us hold on for 20 mins for a draw while you have Ferdinand at RB
                    It's far to risky , u could tell Newcastle wanted the win and us the draw which is the disappointed
                    They were there for the taking and were not on form
                    R's

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                      Agree, i would say that it was the first loss in 5 games so that is positive. We cannot expect to go unbeaten in this league especially with our lack of quality. having said that i think he should have gone for it. Maybe he was giving a few a chance to show what they can do before january
                      My line of thinking too, mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X