More injury woe puts Dyer’s future in doubt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More injury woe puts Dyer’s future in doubt

QPR are unsure when Kieron Dyer will be available for selection following his latest injury.

The former England international, who has been beset by fitness issues in recent years, recently returned to training after a calf problem.

More...

I dont see him being included in the January squad anf my view is that he should not have been given a contract in the 1st place, never mind renewing it in July (unless he was entitled to an extension under the terms of it).

QPR have 22 fit players incl 3 keepers out of the 25 man squad.

Whilst injuries could happen to anyone at any time, signing players like Dyer Johnson and Zamora who have a long list of injuries behind them is just foolish.

Comment

Too bad for the guy, he looked a very decent player the few times he played for us but as the article notes, he can't be included in the roster come January!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        I dont see him being included in the January squad anf my view is that he should not have been given a contract in the 1st place, never mind renewing it in July (unless he was entitled to an extension under the terms of it).

QPR have 22 fit players incl 3 keepers out of the 25 man squad.

Whilst injuries could happen to anyone at any time, signing players like Dyer Johnson and Zamora who have a long list of injuries behind them is just foolish.
        I think that's a bit harsh...... remember that he was signed by NW under Flabio, with no money available to him on a free. When Dier has played he's showed that he's very capable, but sadly very injury prone. So, worth the risk by NW I think.

Comment

He might be a good player WHEN fit, but he's never fit for prolonged periods. Him and Ephraim were a waste of squad places. We should've signed more defenders and strikers.

Now that M'bia has moved into CM, the need for CBs grows ever stronger. Personally, I'd cut Dyer Johnson Derry Ferdinand and Ephraim, and sign 2x CBs 1x LB and a forward, and bring DJ back. I'm not suggesting Derry has done anything wrong, I love him as a player, but our midfield is overloaded.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
            Personally, I'd cut Dyer Johnson Derry Ferdinand and Ephraim, and sign 2x CBs 1x LB and a forward, and bring DJ back.
            We have Traore and Fabio, we dont need another LB. However we do need a RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
              We have Traore and Fabio, we dont need another LB. However we do need a RB.
              A right-footed LB? I disagree.
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                A right-footed LB? I disagree.
                He usually plays LB though. The need for a RB is more pressing. Bosingwa has been a disaster and we cant rely on Onuoha to play there as its not his natural position.

Comment

shame for the fella,deff a talented player,just jinxed,prob time to call it a day.Gonna be a ****e retirement though thinking of all the wasted time he had.
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                  X