Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    agree, still lives on the kompany transfer
    I've always found that amusing as it was Mancini rather than Hughes that turned Kompany into a 20 mil+ player, even if Hughes signed him.

Comment

Never understood the point of Rigg at ours, as said the transfer policy he led was woeful. In reality there was no policy just find the weak, old and ill and hope for the best.
      In order to attract good players we have a lot going for us we appear to pay good salaries, nice part of the world to live with good schools and transport links and if you can run, pass and turn up you are likely to get into the starting lineup.
      Also AB son in law of one of richest men in the world plus the charisma of TF knocking on your door should turn most players heads to come to us without the clowns MH surrounded himself with. Now with Arry and AB probably getting more involved as he did previously I don't think the departure of Rigg will adversely effect us.

Comment

Did anybody see the league table of how much each club spent on agent fees ?? it seems all that we spent was with the same agent,hope we didnt have another brown envelope employee in the camp !!!!!!!!

Comment

To be honest, after the last nightmare few months without a league win, until hapless Foolham crossed our path, I'm not sure I'm sorry he's gone.

Comment

If he had lived up to his reputation he would have been great, but I expected him to come up with the Michu type signing and instead landed us andy sick note johnson. he said his work would be judged long after he has gone. maybe he has done good things with the academy and so on but with his most immediate task was a big let down given the expectations we all had for him.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              If he had lived up to his reputation he would have been great, but I expected him to come up with the Michu type signing and instead landed us andy sick note johnson. he said his work would be judged long after he has gone. maybe he has done good things with the academy and so on but with his most immediate task was a big let down given the expectations we all had for him.
              There are times when that is valid but these days when I hear lines that like it always seems to be people who have failed badly who are saying it. In any job you have to work for the present and the future side by side.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                Didnt he find us Diakite & Mbia?
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Didnt he find us Diakite & Mbia?
                  True, true, though certainly Mbia was pretty well known, Diakite less so. I'm not slating the guy as he clearly did some good things, giving the club an infrastructure behind the scenes with a youth and reserve set up, proper training and fitness regimes etc that we have just never had at this club. Was just trying to make the point that given all that was said about his amazing dossier with all sorts of "secret" info on all these up and coming players I just found many of our signings a bit predictable, not all bad by any means but about half of them were simply old stagers who Hughes had worked with before. Compare our signings with Swansea's and it doesn't make for happy reading, particularly when you think we had the advantage of being in London with big spending owners etc.

Comment

Club now confirm Riggs departure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      Club now confirm Riggs departure.
                      You'll have Ian Taylor tapping you up for info soon Ric
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                        Wasn't he a part of the whole dubious Joorabchian package though?
                        Think so!! Harry wants his own stamp on things.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Working...
                        X