Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How realistic are our chances of staying up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How realistic are our chances of staying up?

Just had a quick look at the lower league tables and this is the 5/6 point gap that others are facing.....

Realistic chance for Leeds to make the playoffs?

Can Swindon make automatic promotion?

Could Wycombe still get promoted?

I'm feeling a lot more positive of our chances since Fulham and looking at these other teams they could all do it too.

I thought it was interesting.. maybe if there was a picture with big ####?

Comment

Comment

nice ####

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
            nice ####
            ....but as OP says, not very realistic :pleasantsuprise:

Comment

That's right up loans street,tidy bit of footwork I'm sure he'd make the play offs
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Is that Grant and Phil ?

Comment

I wondered what happened to Right Says Fred

Comment

Very realistic IMO. All of a sudden things are looking alot better - under Hughes we hadn't won a game, it was hard to see where a win was coming from & we had failed to beat many poor sides (Reading, Villa, Soton etc) and so many of us (me included) seemed resigned to thinking we had little hope of climbing out of the mess we were in. However, now we have Arry and a seeming "second wind", we are unbeaten in 4, have finally won a game and we're off the bottom - only 5 pts off safety. The performances are alot better with team spirit evident (something that was clearly lacking under Hughes) and everybody fighting for the cause - even bl00dy Cisse put a shift in vs Foolham and I never thought I'd see that!

Whats 5 pts with 21 games to go? Absolutley nothing really considering we still have to play everybody again at least once. I think we will survive, I really do - I'll even stick my neck out and say we will be safe with a couple of games to go.

PS: That aint a half bad rack at all is it.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

The point that has been missed here is that the above examples are at the top of the leagues, so the teams around them will be picking up more points. We are at the bottom so in theory the teams around us will be picking up less points.

Comment

Good point and I think our turnaround in form is no accident. Even if we lose on Saturday I think we are in with a chance, now. Home form will be the key.

Comment

Of course we can stay up. Forget workign out final points needed etc, as nobody knows. All we need to worry about is what 17th place have, and at only 5 points.... that's nothgin for 21 games for a team with momentum and decent players, of which we have both and will only get better imo.

Look at Norwich. Everyone said they would go down when shipping 6 and 4 a while back, now gone 10 unbeaten.

We are in a false position imo, and one we wouldn't be in if we'd not made silly individual errors and mistakes in games we should've won or at least drawn. I honestly think we are better than the table suggests. Some other teams there though, are poor, especially Reading who couldn't defend an argument. Therefore, by just picking up normal form, we whould get more pointe than them. With good form, even moreso.

Put it this way, West Brom have been excellent this season, yet in the last 6 games we've gained 5 points on them whilst only winning 1 game ourselves. So in 21 matches, of course we can get 5 points on the poor sides who could quite easily go on losing runs of 3, 4, 5 games.....

Comment

By the spring of April next year as the cold harsh winter fades and that stupid bird facto keeps on about starts singing in the blossoming trees everything we be hunkey dorey at LR and we can all meet up for a nice end of season drink/punch up to celebrate another season in the Premiership.

trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Very realistic IMO. All of a sudden things are looking alot better - under Hughes we hadn't won a game, it was hard to see where a win was coming from & we had failed to beat many poor sides (Reading, Villa, Soton etc) and so many of us (me included) seemed resigned to thinking we had little hope of climbing out of the mess we were in. However, now we have Arry and a seeming "second wind", we are unbeaten in 4, have finally won a game and we're off the bottom - only 5 pts off safety. The performances are alot better with team spirit evident (something that was clearly lacking under Hughes) and everybody fighting for the cause - even bl00dy Cisse put a shift in vs Foolham and I never thought I'd see that!

Whats 5 pts with 21 games to go? Absolutley nothing really considering we still have to play everybody again at least once. I think we will survive, I really do - I'll even stick my neck out and say we will be safe with a couple of games to go.

PS: That aint a half bad rack at all is it.
                              I'm with you buddy, you can have one of my lolly pops... just one not all of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X