No announcement yet.

"It was one of the all-time great performances, I felt," Redknapp said. [Adel]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It was one of the all-time great performances, I felt," Redknapp said. [Adel]

Most of you probably alreay herad or read this but link below. Some inetresteing bits by Harry on Adel:

"I sold him when I was at Tottenham and he knows he was not a player I wanted to sell.

"When he used to come back and see his mates at Tottenham I used to say: "You are making me look a fool Adel, you are worth £20m now and I sold you too cheap'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20744199

Hopefully that will finally end the debate on here about Harry not likingAdel and looking to ship him out.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Without a doubt. Before he had scored, I said to the fella next to me how I cant remember an individual performance from a QPR player as good as Adels on Saturday - near enough everything he tried came off. Superb performance, a few more like that beofre the season's out wouldnt go amiss!
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

hope he can do it away next week at Newcastle...we need him in that form for us to get out of the trouble we are in.

Comment

I wouldn't really take that as gospel. Managers have to be very two-faced to survive. There could have been the situation that Adel's attitude was not good as we know here, at the club at that time. So he tells the board he's a risk. The board say get rid and Harry tells Adel I don't want to let you go but it's the club's decision. We know here that certain players were told they would be playing every week when they signed up, e.g Rob Green. All managers have to be diplomatic and talk the talk and tell everyone what they want to hear in order to please fans, players and owners. It's part of being a manager. Would you buy a used car from that man and his dog?

Comment

Yeah but he still cant defend ....

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
            Yeah but he still cant defend ....
            True that, may as well flog him aint we and sign a more all round player?
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

This is one of the plus points about having Twitcher, as he will play Adel in the hole behind whoever, as he did Van Der Vaart at Spurs and Adel will finally flourish in the role he was made for. He has been superb lately and long may it continue, as his work rate, effort and attitude is first class.

Comment

well its not brain surgery cos thats where he played the season that got us promoted, its like the media is saying Harry has discovered his perfect position.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                  well its not brain surgery cos thats where he played the season that got us promoted, its like the media is saying Harry has discovered his perfect position.
                  thats true, Adel always excels there thats where he feels free.
                  and it is weird all managers turns and turns and then when they fail they turn back to adel to save them and us and players wages since he joined us.
                  imagine Adel with a free license to do what he wants without having to worry, he would be unstoppable in every game.

Comment

Redknapp had players like Modric, Van der Vaart and Bale in the squad and a young and sulky Adel is not going to get much of a foothold with that competition from anybody.
                    I know the media look for absolutes - x likes y, x hates y etc because it makes their job easier. But a manager has to be flexible and most important make good use of his resources to benefit the club.
                    So one week, month, or year this player is god another time it is another and absolutes don't really come into it.
                    An awful lot of football management is just about keeping people happy and motivated - which means being a slippery sob, without being a slippery sob

Comment

His defending has got better and he is actually winning a header or two these days, when he wouldnt even bother jumping before
                      Personally I think if he was playing for UTD or Cityeveryone would be talking about him as one of the best players in the whole league
                      he is truly class and will be missed when for the 5 games he'll miss due to the African Cup and even more so when we are forced to sell him, even if for £20 mill

Lets enjoy watching him every game we can as he'll be champions league next year

Comment

Originally posted by Shrine View Post
                        His defending has got better and he is actually winning a header or two these days, when he wouldnt even bother jumping before
                        Personally I think if he was playing for UTD or Cityeveryone would be talking about him as one of the best players in the whole league
                        he is truly class and will be missed when for the 5 games he'll miss due to the African Cup and even more so when we are forced to sell him, even if for £20 mill

Lets enjoy watching him every game we can as he'll be champions league next year
                        this is an good Adels interview before the saturday match :

I’m not a fruitcake, Harry - Taarabt
                        By ED AARONS
                        ADEL TAARABT reckons he has come a long way from the days when Harry Redknapp described him as a “fruitcake”..

Read more:
                        http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...fruitcake.html

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                          I wouldn't really take that as gospel. Managers have to be very two-faced to survive. There could have been the situation that Adel's attitude was not good as we know here, at the club at that time. So he tells the board he's a risk. The board say get rid and Harry tells Adel I don't want to let you go but it's the club's decision. We know here that certain players were told they would be playing every week when they signed up, e.g Rob Green. All managers have to be diplomatic and talk the talk and tell everyone what they want to hear in order to please fans, players and owners. It's part of being a manager. Would you buy a used car from that man and his dog?
                          Don't agree. Didn't see Harry being too two faced or diplomatic when he suggested his wife was better than Darren Bent.

The point being many on here said (in many threads) that Harry doesn't like Adel and will ship him out. They have been proved wrong as far as I am concerened as Harry plays him when we have more options in midfield than anywhere else.
                          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                          X