Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adel off to African Cup of Nations....??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adel off to African Cup of Nations....??

Looks like he's going....... And could be away for up to six weeks in January and February. Diakite too. No word on M'Bia or Traore..... Great.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ub-plight.html

This is a disgrace. We could lose four first teamers for a tournament which is held every two years (and was held only last year). Its the very last thing we need. Players really shouldn't be allowed to go. Clubs should come first. As if the FA would take a stand....... We should think twice in the future about signing players who make themselves unavailable for us because of this wretched tournament.

Sun reported the other day diakite wasn't going.

Comment

It won't make a bit of difference to our situation. At least he wouldn't sit on the bench for us.

Comment

Cameroon and Senegal aren't in it, so Mbia and Traore are staying put.

Comment

Just when we needed him most. Great.

Comment

It's fine chaps, we've got Hogan - remember? :pleasantsuprise:
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

As a previous poster said, Adel being here won't make a blind bit of difference to our situation.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Why who left the message psychic Sally?

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                  Why who left the message psychic Sally?
                  i just think its a tad too late to do anything about it.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Personally I think we'll escape the drop. Bundles of points to play for & a small run of results (difficult to imagine right now I know) and we have our destiny in our own hands again.

I'd never give up or concede we are down in December!
                    Last edited by Ric-Roc; 14-12-2012, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Personally I think we'll escape the drop. Bundles of points to play for & a small run of results (difficult to imagine right now I know) and we have our destiny in our own hands again.

I'd never give up or concede we are down in December!
                      You fancy a win tomorrow Ric?

Comment

I really do mate. Clearly looked a better, more resolute & more organised side since Harry's arrival & I think he's now had a few weeks with the boys this is the first real home game he will have an influence on IMO.

Also a first win against those planks down the road.... That's Rangers all over aint it!

Must score at least 2 to have any chance. I'm going for a 2-1 win.

Comment

I really do mate. Clearly looked a better, more resolute & more organised side since Harry's arrival & I think he's now had a few weeks with the boys this is the first real home game he will have an influence on IMO.

Also a first win against those planks down the road.... That's Rangers all over aint it!

Must score at least 2 to have any chance. I'm going for a 2-1 win.
                          I really hope thats the case I'll be as happy as a pig in $hit if we win tomorrow!

Comment

@Rangers77 - sorry Rangers, this is not a disgrace. These players want to play for the countries, just like Wayne Rooney and co do. Adel has made it clear that he is really struggling with this decision as he wants to help Rangers, but he has the hopes of a nation and will suffer real abuse and lashback if he doesn't play. He goes home every summer and doesn't want to be looked t as the man that let them all down.

In case you didn't realise these players did not grow up supporting QPR. If I played for some club in a country miles from where I grew up I would leave to play for my country. Also, every club that plays African players knows this. Clubs should not rely too heavily on them if they know they will be off.

It is disapointing, but to say it is a disgrace...is a disgrace!
                            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                              @Rangers77 - sorry Rangers, this is not a disgrace. These players want to play for the countries, just like Wayne Rooney and co do. Adel has made it clear that he is really struggling with this decision as he wants to help Rangers, but he has the hopes of a nation and will suffer real abuse and lashback if he doesn't play. He goes home every summer and doesn't want to be looked t as the man that let them all down.

In case you didn't realise these players did not grow up supporting QPR. If I played for some club in a country miles from where I grew up I would leave to play for my country. Also, every club that plays African players knows this. Clubs should not rely too heavily on them if they know they will be off.

It is disapointing, but to say it is a disgrace...is a disgrace!
                              It's a disgrace not that Adel is going, but that this stupid, self important tournament is a) held every two years (other international tournaments are every four years; b) it's been held two years running in 2012 and 2013 (!!!!) because they've arbitrarily changed the timetable to stay out of the World Cup limelight; and c) that it's held in the middle of the European league season. This is the disgrace. It screws up the European leagues and, in the case of Adel, threatens to screw us up. It's the tournament and it's indefensible timing I hate, not, for the sensible reasons you cite, Adel for going.
                              Last edited by Rangers77; 14-12-2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X