Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hill urges Redknapp not to make same mistakes as Hughes in ripping QPR squad apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill urges Redknapp not to make same mistakes as Hughes in ripping QPR squad apart

Hill, 34, said: 'I’ve been here three years now and I’ve seen loads come and go. I just think we need a bit of stability at the moment, a settled team, which we’ve tried to have over the last few games, and a system of play that suits us.

'The chairman (Tony Fernandes) is throwing money everywhere, left, right and centre and sometimes that doesn’t work. You’ve got to stick with people and work on them and try and get the best out of the ability they have.

'Don’t get me wrong, I do think we will go and try and get a couple of players, but I don’t think it will be five, six or seven like people are talking about.'

Redknapp praised the old guard and hinted that they may offer his best chance of bridging the seven-point gap that exists between the bottom club and safety.

He commented: 'You need those types of players when you are in trouble. You need the lads who are going to roll up their sleeves for you.
    'I have to keep believing. If I don’t believe we can do it, no one will. People know I like a challenge. You can only do your best in life, can’t you?'

His opposite number on Saturday, Wigan boss Roberto Martinez, had a word of warning for the others down the bottom taking solace from Rangers’ woes.

He said: 'You look at the players that they have and Harry can use his experience in one half of a season to achieve his aim.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2EbDXuIwh
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

I completely agree with Hill, in fact its refreshing to hear a player agree in principle with what I've been saying about Fernandes.

Comment

Wow. Honest and intelligent and spot on. Take a bow Clint Hill.

Comment

Not that TF has done anything wrong - MH is the one that bought all those lazy type players.

Comment

Agree. Same backline 3 games in a row right? When did that last happen?!

Comment

Man's a legend. I really like watching Clint Hill.

Comment

Hill Got it right. IMO we should only go for loan signings & we need 3 players that make the difference: 1) A right back who can both defend and attack; 2) A soild central back and 3) A proven striker.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by zuluop View Post
                Not that TF has done anything wrong - MH is the one that bought all those lazy type players.
                Hughes bought them but Fernandes and his 'vision' sanctioned them and allowed the same mistakes to be made again and again. Totally short-sighted and has put our club under enormous pressure

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsididitagain View Post
                  Hughes bought them but Fernandes and his 'vision' sanctioned them and allowed the same mistakes to be made again and again. Totally short-sighted and has put our club under enormous pressure
                  Hughes was the supposed 'football man' and TF simply backed his decisions. Do we want a chairman who gets too involved in the footballing side of things, like the previous owner, or do we want a chairman who is willing to back the manager?
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                    Hughes was the supposed 'football man' and TF simply backed his decisions. Do we want a chairman who gets too involved in the footballing side of things, like the previous owner, or do we want a chairman who is willing to back the manager?
                    The latter imo. And fernandes has done exactly that.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I wonder how many of the reported factions among the players that his advice to the manager represents.

Is it the views of all the old guard or just some, what about the new signings, the ones in the team, the ones not in the team, the foreign players, the british players, the ones who want out, the ones who want to stay, the ones who have played well, the ones whose performances have stunk, the ones represented by one agent or another etc

TBH there are an awful lot of different views that will be voiced by the players and I am sure they would disagree on everything too.

Which group of players should a manager listen to?

Comment

Love Clint but I was more happy reading the last line. Martinez knows we have a real gem in Harry Redknapp & know we will give this a right good to this season.

Comment

Harry won't listen to any of the players, he will make his own mind up!

Comment

like a few have said,we 3 unbeaten now inc 2 away games.Now soton reading even sunderland arnt going to get much away this year now theyve played us lol.If we can keep a steady points return away from home and turn LR in to a fortress we will be well clear by end of the season.City,Utd,Arsenal ,Spurs were all games we could and with Harry actually in charge of us we could of got a point out of each.Our 2nd half form at home was superb last season and can deff be the same again.Confidence is coming back,once we tighten up,get a scorer in we will be fine.we adrift at the mo but its not huge.We will stay up id say by agood 3 places at least.
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                            X