Harry & The Boys Have Faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry & The Boys Have Faith

Diabolical situation we find ourselves in and I'm sure we were all looking forward to the season. I was disappointed not to get 3 points Yesterday and felt that our full backs and Hoilett needed to show more fire in their bellies come 70 minutes in to the game to force the issue. I think had they produced in addition to the misfortune of having Diakete and M'bia going off injured, we would have got the second. Incidentally, I think had we had someone with an aerial presence in the box, our full backs would have had plenty of opportunity to fire in diagonal balls.

In any case, what I saw Yesterday generally was an improvement and I think in some ways that fact that we are fighting for our lives so early may in fact help us. I think Mackie's movement and determination reminded me of Robbie Keane. He showed detremination and got a great goal. I really think that if the team can remain focused on the target of 40 points, we certainly stand a reasonable chance of reaching the target. December is critical however the signs from the team is good. For once we knocked the ball over the back of the opposition defence as opposed trying to play through them. It nearly came off and just goes to show that Harry has already stamped his mark on some obvious tactics with players who have pace i.e. SWP. We need to do this more and put organised defences on the backfoot.

Having thought about the situation Today, I am still genuinely hopeful. Added to that is HR's win rate at say Portsmouth, which if replicated at QPR I think would give us enough points. Anyway, it will be a long season. I think we have more in depth to string some results together. Just look at Stoke and what 3 or 4 wins can do. Lets get behind the boys and if they try as hard as they did Yesterday, particularly with strengthening in a couple of areas, I think we can pull it off

I'm not Mackie's greatest fan but credit where its due, he played out of his skin yesterday. However, when I saw the team sheet I said "it will end 1-1" (and I'm not normally v accurate with my score prediction). I just couldn't see how that team was ever going to score more than one goal. Disappointment for me is every manager has to go through the process of trying to find the player lurking somewhere in SWP. That wastes ten games. I wd rather have a woefully out of form Cisse who might just have pinched one. In fairness to Harry he might well have brought him on later but was forced into other substitutions.

My other disappointment: the look of dejection on the faces of mackie and traore at the final whistle - as if they knew that was the game they had to win, and without three points it is looking v v grim indeed.

Comment

I understand the SWP frustration however thought he did better Yesterday apart from the fact he has little confidence in front of goal. Problem is I'm not convinced more talented players e.g. Hoillet is pulling his weight. I thought when he can on Yesterday that he'd have a real go running in to their area. He just did not have any fire in his belly and it is because of this with a few players, that we did not go on and get the win. They need to push teams right until the end if they want to be successful. We took our foot off the pedal if anything in the last 15 - 20 minutes and I hope HR would have told them so

Comment

know what you are saying, in fairness swp looked a lot busier than hoilet who didn't really impress when he came on. i feel for swp but he just looks to me like one of those players for whom it isn't going to work - yes he was really unlucky when he hit the post, but it was just kinda inevitable that it didn't go in.

Comment

If we can get those 3 wins before the New Year we will have a chance. Too many games we are playing well and not getting the 3 points. Norwich were dreadful today for large parts and somehow ended up with 3 points. We need that kind of luck!
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Unfortunately the problem we have is no goal scorer, the other clubs at the bottom have people who can put the chances away. The 2 sides that struggled against us were Sunderland and Villa, both have little up front but sadly a bit more than us. HR can shore up our defence but he certainly cant make an out and out striker with the players he has.

Comment

Working...
            X