A new Striker is not gonna save us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Striker is not gonna save us

There is loads more things that need to be sorted before we are even a half decent team. I can only think that the people calling for a new striker dont actually watch qpr.

To think that we will probably borrow some kid from a premiership team, and then pin all our hopes and frustrations on him is truly shocking. I'm amazed that any top prem manager would look at whats happening at qpr and send any promising youngster to us to be destroyed.

we have the same group of players, same rubbish mangement, same hoofing of the ball, same fans booing, same crazy expectations, same bl**dy everything.

Stop right there mate.

Our defence is good.

Our midfield is fantastic.

all that is lacking is a big,selfish,arrogant,confident striker.

Comment

Our midfield has the POTENTIAL to be fantastic if they could a) play together and b) have a settled selection.

Fact is we have amassed an unbalanced squad.
      "Originally Posted by qblockpete
      QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
      Swansea will finish in bottom 6
      Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

:scorn:...................its not a 'fact'................tis a 'factamondo' please!!!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
          Stop right there mate.

Our defence is good.

Our midfield is fantastic.

all that is lacking is a big,selfish,arrogant,confident striker.
          I agree mate.

We have an excellent defence.All we need is Maggy to actually select it.

Midfield is packed with some superb flair players like Buzz,Rout and Taarabt.And solid attacking players like Rowly and Faurlin.And defensive ones like Mahon and Legs.That's not even ingluding Hogan and Angelo and so on.

We have shown we can create plenty of chances in our last two home games.All we need is a clinical finisher and we would have beaten Blackpool and Forest.Did not go to Bristol,but we were seconds away from beating Plymouth.

It's not all doom and gloom,but a striker is absolutely the difference between success and failure this season.

Comment

Originally posted by highgradeR View Post
            There is loads more things that need to be sorted before we are even a half decent team. I can only think that the people calling for a new striker dont actually watch qpr.

To think that we will probably borrow some kid from a premiership team, and then pin all our hopes and frustrations on him is truly shocking. I'm amazed that any top prem manager would look at whats happening at qpr and send any promising youngster to us to be destroyed.

we have the same group of players, same rubbish mangement, same hoofing of the ball, same fans booing, same crazy expectations, same bl**dy everything.
            got to be a wind up.......not going to even bother with a sensible reply...too easy.

Comment

And forget 442.
              They seek him here.................

Comment

hate to say it but a new striker isnt going to fix JM's insane team selections...we need stability but even with a new striker what i saw yesterday looked a poor,poor team. If we are out of the top ten at xmas does JM have to go?

Comment

Yeah it is crazy to pin all hopes on a striker, it might life the team and give confidence, but team selections are a little odd, but I was expecting that as he took ipswich down!

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                    hate to say it but a new striker isnt going to fix JM's insane team selections...we need stability but even with a new striker what i saw yesterday looked a poor,poor team. If we are out of the top ten at xmas does JM have to go?
                    i would say it is a big possibility if out of the top 10.........

Comment

If we play well and draw 1-1, don't change the team for the sake of it. Patience is required and stability in the team.

Yes, we are good enough, though that Forest bench of strikers showed what we could have to make it a perfect package.
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        If we play well and draw 1-1, don't change the team for the sake of it. Patience is required and stability in the team.

Yes, we are good enough, though that Forest bench of strikers showed what we could have to make it a perfect package.
                        For what??

top 10, maximum, I'd say.

It's like saying a cricket team is good enough, when they don't have a batsman even capable of scoring a ton.

Comment

Agree about rubbish management
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Really? we had 16 shots against Forest, I think if we bring in a striker (e.g. Smith, who is a proven goalscorer in this league, and score 17 goals last season) we would of scored more than one goal

Comment

Our defence isnt as good as what everyone thinks otherwise we wouldnt be conceding such poor goals. How many times have we let a striker go through due to poor judgement of lack of concentration? Somethings missing from the back four and it needs to be sorted out.

Our midfield is a brilliant midfield it just lacks the fight, how many times do we stand and watch teams come at us without actually going at them to win the ball back? We dont we just step back and half heartedly put a sloppy foot in.

There is nothing up front, Helguson couldnt header a ball if one smashed him straight towards his forehead. Agyemang just takes the ball out wide and never shoots. Pellicori hasnt had time yet so cant say much about him. Vine needs to pick his game up but that will come due to his injury, playing him out wide is ok but we dont need to when we have Buzsaky, Routledge, Cook, Balanta and Leigertwood, play him as a striker.

So we need ONE striker who has a fight about him and is willing to actually take shots at goal.

Comment

Working...
                              X