Playing as a team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing as a team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me the problem is that although we do have some very talanted players we do not play as a team. Too many times players want to do too much on their own. Teams like Forest and the others we have played so far do not have the quality in mid-field that we have, but they play as a unit, which is much more effective. It is ok doing fancy flicks and nut-megs but it does not win games. We need to play a more pass and move game. The only time we have played that way this season was in the second half against Bristol City, and we dominated the game completely. Surely that is the way forward.

I think Madge is trying to get us playing some football but yesterday we seemed to slow on the ball and wanted to many touches.At times we seemed clueless with what we were trying to do.We seem to be hoping things will happen instead of making them happen Forest looked so much sharper than us yesterday at times.Some of our players need a good kick up the @Rs*

Comment

I feel we play too much nice football and over do it as you we're sayin too many showboaters magilton needs to find the right mix of players and play simple attractive football get the ball out wide attack the full backs get crosses in, i was dissapointed yesterday we didnt do that we had helguson and pelicori playing they thrive on crosses

Comment

Originally posted by pauly View Post
        I feel we play too much nice football and over do it as you we're sayin too many showboaters magilton needs to find the right mix of players and play simple attractive football get the ball out wide attack the full backs get crosses in, i was dissapointed yesterday we didnt do that we had helguson and pelicori playing they thrive on crosses
        Lets just cut out the middlemen (Hel and Per) and get Borrowdale and Ramage to just launch it over the bar for them.

Comment

All im saying is play to what they are supposed to be good at,play to there strenghs at least ,otherwise why play em its not hard

Comment

hard to play as a team when its changed every week......you need stability and time together to become a unit...Magilton ####ed it up at ipswich...doing exactly the same here.........

Comment

Originally posted by pauly View Post
              otherwise why play em
              Which is why i said we should cut them out and let the fullbacks kick it over the bar for them.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
                It is ok doing fancy flicks and nut-megs but it does not win games.
                One crumb of consolation/hope is at least the confidence is still there to do the tricks. A sure sign of flagging confidence is to not even attempt this and play the safer option instead. Agree we need more pass and move though.

Comment

once, a qpr attack broke up, 5 qpr players failed to chase back, most didn't bother...you must move as a unit, up and down the pitch.
                  we had a low tempo too.

early days but we should be doing better.

Comment

Working...
                  X