Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i hope the doom merchants do one if we lose again tomoz night!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How anybody can say you're down when you're 7 points adrift with 25 games left is beyond me. Need a few maths lessons.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      How anybody can say you're down when you're 7 points adrift with 25 games left is beyond me. Need a few maths lessons.
      History lesson, no team stayed up with 6 or under after 13 games . 10 wins needed out of 25 games, thats a 45 % win ratio, top six form .

Can Harry do the impossible, personally i reckon its get rid of the pony and rebuild to become a yoyo club coz we are going down this season.

Comment

If you get 4 points every 13 games, that extrapolates out to, hopefully!, 12 points. I've given us the extra point in the final 12 game stretch because I think we'll really be starting to gel.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
          If you get 4 points every 13 games, that extrapolates out to, hopefully!, 12 points. I've given us the extra point in the final 12 game stretch because I think we'll really be starting to gel.
          Extrapolates = Word of the Day..............fact!

Comment

[QUOTE=kron-1664;977053]History lesson, no team stayed up with 6 or under after 13 games . 10 wins needed out of 25 games, thats a 45 % win ratio, top six form .

What was our % win in the run in last season when we were doomed ?

Comment

6 wins in last 19 games...so 34%

Comment

Factors have totally changed now - throw stats out the window & have a bit of faith?

Comment

19 games is not a run in, thats nearly half a season. From Liverpool at home would be classed as a run in.

Comment

What about the miracle escape by West Brom in 2005, they were bottom at Christmas, what was their win %? If anyone knows

Comment

Factors have totally changed now - throw stats out the window & have a bit of faith?
                      We have a reasonable chance if the squad plays to its' potential.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                        19 games is not a run in, thats nearly half a season. From Liverpool at home would be classed as a run in.
                        10 games - 5 wins

Comment

I think it's hard to compare recent standing in the premiership with bygone years.

Premiership over last couple of years is different, with all teams capable of beating or at least drawing with each other. Even though the gap between the top teams and bottom team points wise is still wide, it's no longer that much of a surprise for a lower placed team to draw and even beat top teams. The dominance of Chelsea, utd and gooners has gone, Liverpool are rubbish and man city are now the consistently good team.

As a result of the above, I think teams at the bottom now have a slightly better opportunity for safety and may not need the elusive 40 points that was historically the threshold for survival.

It's going to be very tough but a win today and against villa will assist, this may be the greatest of great escapes or at least since last season but for however mad our club is, we are bonkers enough to buck the trend and maybe do it

Comment

10 games - 5 wins
                            So a 50% win rate when needed, so a 45% win rate with a better, attack minded manager and better, more experienced players should be achievable.

Comment

our next 7 games (including Liverpool at home) are not impossible and if we can put a little run together of a few wins and a few draws, things can change.
                              There will be some wheeling and dealing in January for sure. Harry can't come in now and say there's going to wholesale changes when there's 7 games before the window opens.
                              He needs to gee up the players we've got here now and then see where we are at the end of the year.
                              He'll be targeting 10-12 points in those 7 games.
                              He knows we need a centre back and a striker than can score goals.
                              As I said on another thread last night, good defenders prevent us conceding and good strikers score goals.
                              Not complcated really when you put it like that.

Comment

Just had our next 6 games up on SSN and we are more than capable of winning every single one. Don't get me wrong I don't expect 18 points outta 6 games at all, but k think there are certainly a few there to be had to put us in a strong position going into the second half of the year.

In Arry we trust !

Comment

Working...
                                X