Stupid expectations from some fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid expectations from some fans

I've been listening to some fans on the radio getting over excited about the imminent appointment of Harry Redknapp. One bloke said with Harry in charge, we will defiantly win our next 3 games after the United one. Another fan also said we will finish above Tottenham this season, which is the most deluded thing I have ever heard.
    Think back to August when we signed 12 players, everyone, including pundits, were sure we wouldn't have to worry about a relegation battle this season, but so far we've look like a team that is certain to go down.
    Harry has got one hell of a job on his hands at Loftus Road, and I would be happy if he helps us finish 17th this season, and then hopefully we can raise our expectations next season.

Originally posted by taarabt7 View Post
    I've been listening to some fans on the radio getting over excited about the imminent appointment of Harry Redknapp. One bloke said with Harry in charge, we will defiantly win our next 3 games after the United one. Another fan also said we will finish above Tottenham this season, which is the most deluded thing I have ever heard.
    Think back to August when we signed 12 players, everyone, including pundits, were sure we wouldn't have to worry about a relegation battle this season, but so far we've look like a team that is certain to go down.
    Harry has got one hell of a job on his hands at Loftus Road, and I would be happy if he helps us finish 17th this season, and then hopefully we can raise our expectations next season.

thats what i heard with most fans on talk ****@e

Comment

i heard too,make us look right mugs IMO,still it is nearly xmas so they all excited about Santa coming down their chimneys
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Just to stay up would be a massive result now
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Totally agree. We do have some *****s as fans. People were saying the same crap about Hughes when he was appointed.

Comment

Well, all I can say is this......I for one, will be bitterly disappointed if we don't win the Champions league this season under 'arry.

Comment

they are naive and make us look stupid. still, they are not alone. incredibly mark hughes was still saying before southampton that he was aiming for a top 10 finish, as if he never quite got what a hole we were in. which might explain the apparent lack of passion.

Comment

OK they are naive, but it doesn't hurt to be optimistic. After all we haven't had much to cheer about this season so far.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  they are naive and make us look stupid. still, they are not alone. incredibly mark hughes was still saying before southampton that he was aiming for a top 10 finish, as if he never quite got what a hole we were in. which might explain the apparent lack of passion.
                  Of course fans had high expections afer survival and hughes martin luther king speech "we will never be in this situation again" coupled by the players signed, look at some earlier posts we will be 4th /5th/ 3rd/ 10 th/ everybody had high expectations apart from hughes and the players

i would rather go down with harry hopefully with a bit of passion , than hughes who just seems deviod of any sort of passion...............

Comment

Wot, football supporters with unrealistic expectations? Hold the phone!

It is a good point though. If we are lucky, this season will end the same way the last one did. It's going to be a grind but I think we have the talent to pull through.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

QPR fans have often been way too optimistic and I have often thought them to be fooling themselves. This is probably why a lot of other teams fans don't like QPR. They had the same kind of thoughts back when Dowie was appointed and then Magilton, Warnock Hughes and now if Redknapp gets the job. The only one who delivered was Warnock.

Look at how some fans view Fulham as Foolham. Perhaps the fools are the deluded QPR fans.

At this moment I will be satisfied to finish 17th. Although I do think that QPR can finish 14th or 15th if the team knuckles down to some real hard work on and off the pitch (and of course, a new striker or two and a CB).

Comment

Get nothing out of the next two games , then it's 4 points from 14 games , a very big ask for Harry. Only one team has survived on 4 points after 12 games ... Everton

Comment

It is a tough task a head for everyone connected to QPR and let's do not forget it especially if things start to go well to begin with because it can change quickly. Lets keep a level head to he end of the season.

Comment

TalkSport is just a wind up station to get the calls.

So they set up ridiculous debates and arguments just to get the calls because calls mean listeners means cash !!

A few fans might get carried away but I am sure most see the reality of the league table.

Staying up is all it is about for this season.

Comment

We can win all the games from Sunderland to Newcastle and that is realistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X