No announcement yet.

No blind optimism just a simple stat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No blind optimism just a simple stat...

Last season after four matches Burnley had two points and had scored just once conceding seven. We have one point more we've scored two goals more and conceded three fewer.

Burnley were 23rd after four matches they were fourth after just five more matches. Did they have a 20+ goal a season striker? Nope. Did they have a tighter defence then us last season? Nope. Did they lose five in a row over Christmas? Yes. We have three points and there are another 128 on offer when it's mathematically impossible I'll be the first to say we could and should have done better but are we the only team doing worse than we thought we would be doing? No. Another loss for Reading and Ipswich today and Forest only picked up the point against us.

thing about the championship is there is still 42 games to go. helluva way with a bit of room to afford a bad run... but it needs to be sorted now and not playing our best players is not the way to go about it

Comment

the stats dont lie sirps i grant you.................though burnley had owen coyle and a team that 'believed' in theirselves...............im not sure we do!!!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
        the stats dont lie sirps i grant you.................though burnley had owen coyle and a team that 'believed' in theirselves...............im not sure we do!!!
        spot on about own coyle...i think the team itself could believe with the right man in charge...Magilton aint that man at all.

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
          What had Owen Coyle achieved previously to last season. No more or less of a success than Magilton. Magilton is finding his feet with this team and needs to be given time. Yes he is making some bizarre selection choices but name me a manager who has never got it wrong. IMO Connolly, Gorkss and Buzsaky will get their opportunities and its up to them to prove the manager wrong for not selecting them. Stewart and Hall haven't been poor they've just not been particularly great but at least there is competition for places.

Comment

sirpie

sirpie im your greatest fan
            please dont lie to me my man
            my hearts been broken ive lost the will to live
            have they got any idea the hope that beckford will give

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ROUTLEDGE FOR ENGLAND View Post
                sirpie im your greatest fan
                please dont lie to me my man