Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting rid of Hughes is going to be complicated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of Hughes is going to be complicated...

It's not going to happen overnight.

The board are well aware of the plight of the club and Phil Beard will be under no illusions that the fans and players reaction on Saturday spoke volumes.

No one has really turned on Hughes but Saturday was the straw that broke the camels back in my opinion.

TF has only just landed back home in KL, Beard met with Hughes today and was not at Harlington.

The first thing they need to do the sums.

Then work out a compensation package for him and the rest of the staff, this is a mult million pound decision.

Then we have to work out a package with a new manager, his backroom staff and a transfer budget in January.

Fernandes will be briefed regarding Phil Beards meeting today and then they will draw up a short list, if they agree that a change is required.

This is going to cost us millions, however the cost of getting relegated is a hell of a lot more.

It's a sad situation I feel sorry for the board they have trusted Hughes and backed there man they deserved better.

It's not to late though. My choice without any shadow of doubt is that Harry Redknapp can get us out of trouble but they need to act now.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Cheers for the update Funky!

Comment

Too much pressure on Redknapp. I really hope there are other Wizards out there aswell. IMO, itīs a pity that Martin OīNeill seems to get Sunderland playing a bit again..
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        Too much pressure on Redknapp. I really hope there are other Wizards out there aswell. IMO, itīs a pity that Martin OīNeill seems to get Sunderland playing a bit again..
        I think that Redknapp is really the only one who can give us a chance and even if it does not work out I don't think it will harm Redknapps's reputation. Regarding Martin O'Neill I think he is a good manager. However he seems to work the opposite to MH, when he comes to a club he does well but later not so much.

Comment

If they sack Hughes then there's his backroom staff, Riggs seems to be a Hughes man, but will continue his work whereas Bowen et al, is another matter. Secondly a new manager comes in has a few things he should consider and maybe Tony can entice a new man buy saying he has money but you got to sell, now some may not like this but maybe sell the clubs assets Granero/AT/Green and recall Barton (I know this sounds crazy) but the areas in depth are midfield why not get money in to beef up the attack and defence. You'd still have Faurlin/Mackie/Diakite//Hoilett. What I'm saying is something has to give there has been no indication that money is there but some deals could bolster the weak areas

Comment

I feel sorry for the board, particularly TF. They've all been let down by this bloke who's masqueraded as a football team manager and ruined all our dreams. I don't blame the Baird for appointing Hughes. To many, he seemed a good bet.

It seems like the board is going to do something about this, and I hope whatever happens, all of us continue to support our board because IMO, we've got the best board in the business bar none.

IN TONY AND AMIT WE TRUST.
            Last edited by QPR Richard; 19-11-2012, 09:34 PM.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
              I think that Redknapp is really the only one who can give us a chance and even if it does not work out I don't think it will harm Redknapps's reputation. Regarding Martin O'Neill I think he is a good manager. However he seems to work the opposite to MH, when he comes to a club he does well but later not so much.

Ok, letīs go for Harry then. I do especially admire his abilty to deal in the transfer market.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Funky "It's not to late though. My choice without any shadow of doubt is that Harry Redknapp can get us out of trouble but they need to act now."

One things for sure, it's will be a whole lot harder getting back up into the Premiership next season that staying up this season, so now is almost certainly the time to act.

Comment

I know he has just taken a new post but I would get Ollie, his whole outlook on how the games to be played has changed dramatically, Rangers to the bone!
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post

The board are well aware of the plight of the club and Phil Beard will be under no illusions that the fans and players reaction on Saturday spoke volumes.

No one has really turned on Hughes but Saturday was the straw that broke the camels back in my opinion.

TF has only just landed back home in KL, Beard met with Hughes today and was not at Harlington.

Then work out a compensation package for him and the rest of the staff, this is a mult million pound decision.

Then we have to work out a package with a new manager, his backroom staff and a transfer budget in January.

Fernandes will be briefed regarding Phil Beards meeting today and then they will draw up a short list, if they agree that a change is required.

This is going to cost us millions, however the cost of getting relegated is a hell of a lot more.

It's a sad situation I feel sorry for the board they have trusted Hughes and backed there man they deserved better.

It's not to late though. My choice without any shadow of doubt is that Harry Redknapp can get us out of trouble but they need to act now.
                    Was you also a fan that was backing Mark Hughes all the way as well until now?

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      Don't think Wizard will take the job, he's a Norwich fan.
                      F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

what pressure on Harry? he is 66, probably his last job, would relish the challenge, but he needs to be recruited sooner rather than later, lets forget next Saturday, a spirited defeat is the best we can hope for
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                          Was you also a fan that was backing Mark Hughes all the way as well until now?
                          I like many fans that support the club and go home and away wanted Hughes to do well.

I'm gutted it's not worked out.
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post

MH is hardly going to wipe his mouth and walk away empty handed
                            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

I hope this can get sorted sooner rather than later... i know some have said Hughes maybe in charge saturday because it United away and not much chance of points but would like to see the new man in before then....

Comment

Working...
                              X