If Notts County can do it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Notts County can do it...

I think if the owners really were committed to getting us out of the Championship, they'd do what Notts County are doing, and what Fulham did - buy in players who are blatantly too good for that league, whatever stage of their career they're at. If Sol Campbell goes to NC, that's a great buy. Sven has gone there. He can then attract players as he is a big name....

We seem to be hedging our bets a lot.

If we truly want to ensure we get out of this division, and reap the footballing and financial rewards of the Premier League, we could do. I, along with everyone who I speak to about it, am scratching my head....

Tarabbt is obviously a fantastic prospect, but where is his goalscoring record, if he is to play up front...?

We need to buck up now or I honestly think we won't go up for a long time to come, and if we do it'll be because a manager has managed through skill and luck to get a Burnley like team together... and maybe get in via play-offs. I am not being defeatist, just honest.

....but NC are ambitious - that's the difference.
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

It really is the difference and I am finally resigning myself to that, and maybe now I will enjoy it a lot more than last season in the knowledge that we are what we are - a medium sized Championship club that can maybe punch above its weight if Jim can do the business and is allowed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
        I think if the owners really were committed to getting us out of the Championship, they'd do what Notts County are doing, and what Fulham did - buy in players who are blatantly too good for that league, whatever stage of their career they're at. If Sol Campbell goes to NC, that's a great buy. Sven has gone there. He can then attract players as he is a big name....

We seem to be hedging our bets a lot.

If we truly want to ensure we get out of this division, and reap the footballing and financial rewards of the Premier League, we could do. I, along with everyone who I speak to about it, am scratching my head....

Tarabbt is obviously a fantastic prospect, but where is his goalscoring record, if he is to play up front...?

We need to buck up now or I honestly think we won't go up for a long time to come, and if we do it'll be because a manager has managed through skill and luck to get a Burnley like team together... and maybe get in via play-offs. I am not being defeatist, just honest.
        Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
        ....but NC are ambitious - that's the difference.

they have a DOF who knows what is needed & we have one who doesn't

Comment

Working...
        X