Several reasons now to worry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several reasons now to worry...

1. No 1 for all of us -- lack of a striker who knows where the goal is.

2. The talk of Gorkss being offloaded in 'the Beckford deal'.

3. Gorkss and Connolly being left on the bench. WTF?????????????????? Does JM not know how good they are together????????? I can't believe that our best two defenders are being left out and just hope they don't get the hump and leave. Fitz Hall (and Stewart) will be found lacking repeatedly in situations which either Gorkss or Connolly would deal with. Our defence last season were great -- why change that, other than to replace Delaney?

4. Post on .org saying we are looking to offload Vine and Ephraim. Vine needs to get back to full fitness -- I hope JM doesn't think that's as good as Vine gets. He needs to watch videos of what Vine was like. Ephraim I still rate as one of this club's best young prospects and should be retained -- there are several who we should offload before either of these -- Pat, HH, Mahon at least, and I personally STILL do not see anything in Legs other than a poor passer who stands off and won't tackle -- does little or nothing to break up the oppo's midfield play.

I was getting quite optimistic for this season, but now I have too many concerns. Very uncomfortable with the general lack of balance in the team and players not being used to our best advantage.
    :confused:
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Don't want to see Vine and Ephraim go - but given the choice between them and the mythical 20 goal a season striker, afraid it wd be no contest.

Comment

Surely we'd need Vine alongside any target man? Think he's the best one for supporting a goalscorer.
      And Vine and Ephraim weren't mentioned as being some sort of part exchange deal, just purely that the club are looking to offload them.
      Anyone know anything about this? Think it would be a big mistake, especially when you think of some of the players we'd keep whilst getting rid of those two.

Comment

Gorkss wont be going,as Beckford wont be coming,so no need to worry.for what it is worth,i would not like to see him(Gorkss) as part of any player exchange deal,id keep him at all cost,wouldnt be too worried about Ephraim.

Comment

agree

I'm not overly concerned, the goals and visctories will come, if we continue to play the way we are.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            agree

I'm not overly concerned, the goals and visctories will come, if we continue to play the way we are.
            I agree Pete. We are playing some brilliant football.

Comment

...the goals and victories will come, if we continue to play the way we are.
              For the opposing teams? :tired:
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I am no worried just yet as it is still early days so calm down everyone....

Comment

QBP were u at plymouth we could'nt even pass the ball around a plymouth side who are relegation certs. I have never rated mahon or leigertwood, vine was good when we were as shyte as plymouth and when he was on loan. Ephraim was good when he was on loan, we obviously pay poor players too much money. We need an out and out stiker in the mould of kevin phillips if we want to do anything in this league

Comment

agree

We were saying the goals would come last season too.
                    They didn't :shocked:

Comment

Originally posted by Archie Mitchell View Post
                      I agree Pete. We are playing some brilliant football.
                      Which means absolutely nothing if we dont turn it into results. A problem we've had since Furlong left FFS and how long ago was that?
                      Nobody ever got promoted because they played brilliant football, they got it because they won more often than not.
                      ANYONE remember our last league win.........
                      2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Goals are key and they're not happening.
                        No points for pretty-pretty midfield passing play.

Comment

Gorks, Connolly and Stewart who were immense last season being left on the bench is a joke.

Magilton has lost the plot.
                          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                            Gorks, Connolly and Stewart who were immense last season being left on the bench is a joke.

Magilton has lost the plot.
                            Mate, to have lost the plot, you must have had the plot.

Nothing he did at Ipswich makes me believe he ever knew the plot.

Comment

Let's hope we see some changes to JM's ideas in the next couple of games, esp. in defence and the positions he plays people in.
                              Let's see Vine starting instead of HH and PA (what a hapless pair to start a game with!!!)

If we don't...well...doesn't bode well.

Comment

Working...
                              X