Hughes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes

Firstly I have been supportive of Hughes but do think it is time for a change but not because I believe he is a poor manager or tactician but due to some of the players he has brought in. Despite receiving plaudits for his previous buys at others clubs, with the odd exception his buys for us have been poor.

With the exception of Diakite, Granero, Nelson and possibly Cesar (only brought in after the Green mistake) the rest have ranged from average to poor and uninterested. I would place Park and Mbia in the currently average group but they might improve, particularly Mbia.

The others well Onhura, manufactured footballer due to his athleticism but can't pass the ball and looks happy to pick up his large wage and sit on the bench. Bosingwa another happy to pick up his wage, looked lightening quick for Chelsea but for us struggles against even moderate pace, can't beat a man and crossing is poor. Cisse, yes scored a few last year but also got himself sent off which nearly cost us. This year continually offside, weak in the air and lazy beyond belief, although I understand his clothing range is doing well! Johnson who I thought looked good before injury has always had major injury problems so why only three strikers. Zamora well where do I start, never really rated him but prepared to give him a chance. Apparently doesn't like football and oh doesn't it show. Seems to have a complete disregard for the fans as doesn't even pretend he cares either in interviews or on the pitch.

I could go on but too depressed to be honest, fact is Hughes brought them here and seems unable to motivate them, so for that reason alone he has to go.
Working...
X