When Cisse Starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Cisse Starts

He scores, whenever he is a sub he seems to not have time to get into his stride. Gotta Start Cisse against Stoke, no messing around with Mackie and Zamora for this one

Didn't he start against Swansea and was later subbed?

Comment

I've got to be honest, I don't see why he should start or he will cry on the bench & not bother when he gets subbed on... However, it was really good seeing the Cisse of last season, he seemed really fired up after his goal & i've missed that from him. Good stuff Cisse
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

shame he doesnt get more involved, the boy can finish but has so little to his game.

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
          shame he doesnt get more involved, the boy can finish but has so little to his game.
          Yes, and we are missing creativity in the team.He´s got no service, really. This has been missing since AJ and Fabio(attackwize) got injured. I have said this 100 times now. No pun, just an observation. I know that AJ was an accident to happen, but he got the attack going with his smart moves, hence in my opinion we need a new striker ASAP(January) Our interplay from midfield to attack is far too static ATM.
          Last edited by Shania; 07-11-2012, 12:39 PM.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

He's a finisher.... I don't really care if certain other elements of his game are weaker if he consistently scores goals, which he does. If he played every game he'd get 20 league goals. Not many teams have that, let alone teams in our position, so to not play him is suicidal.

I doubt the likes of Gerd Muller, Jimmy Grieves, Eusebio, of yesteryear were renound for their tracking back etc, but they scored shed loads of goals.

Comment

'So not to play him is suicidal' ! Haha get a grip

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                He's a finisher.... I don't really care if certain other elements of his game are weaker if he consistently scores goals, which he does. If he played every game he'd get 20 league goals. Not many teams have that, let alone teams in our position, so to not play him is suicidal.

I doubt the likes of Gerd Muller, Jimmy Grieves, Eusebio, of yesteryear were renound for their tracking back etc, but they scored shed loads of goals.
                football has moved on unfortunately. you look at the top finishers nowadays - they can actually control the ball and play. cisse struggles with the simple things, yeah i agree - he definitely can finish when he's not offside which is another problem to his game. Also in my opinion we look a poorer side when he's in the team but i'm not stupid, at the end of the day who else we really got? We have cisse who can score goals but do little else, then we have zamora who lacks any real goal threat. Poor strike force.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                  'So not to play him is suicidal' ! Haha get a grip
                  In footballing context for a relegation threatened team to have a 20 goal striker and leave him on the bench while the team on the pitch fail to win matches or pick up points, which ultimately could lead to relegation, and potential financial disaster is what i would class as football suicide.

Perhaps you'd class it as good business sense or tactical brilliance?

Comment

football has moved on unfortunately. you look at the top finishers nowadays - they can actually control the ball and play. cisse struggles with the simple things, yeah i agree - he definitely can finish when he's not offside which is another problem to his game. Also in my opinion we look a poorer side when he's in the team but i'm not stupid, at the end of the day who else we really got? We have cisse who can score goals but do little else, then we have zamora who lacks any real goal threat. Poor strike force.
                    I love the way fans are so quick to turn against players... yes he's had a bad patch (when he's been on the pitch) and his touch has aluded him at times, but plenty of strikers have off spells. Torres being a prime example... a few yrs ago was touted by some as the best in the world, yet last coupld of years been universally ridiculed by many.

Once Cisse gets games, gets goals, regains his confidence he will be exactly what we need and look the player from last season. AS for this whole offside slating... he;s off because the passes aren't being released quick enough... it's as much the midfield's fault as his, all about timing. as said before more gametime with eachother will lead to better understanding. In the 2nd half against Reading i dont recall him being offside once and he did a lot of very good stuff besides the goal.. such as put one on a plate for Adel, and also a great run and perfect cross for Zamora who didn't connect properly.

Had they both scored what could be classed as relatively easy chances, Cisse would've had a goal and 2 assists.... would he still be slated?

Comment

cisse is a luxury player.

but he is our only finisher. He doesn't do much at all during the game but he is likely to get a chance and will take it.
                      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                      Lovejoy: "No?!"
                      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

He started versus Swansea, Norwich, West ham, and didn't score. His goals per minute played ratio for the season is terrible.
                        But he did look a lot livelier after that goal on sunday, so i'd start him versus stoke, in the hope tat he carries that confidence into that game.

Comment

Exactly. Football's not like it used to be & strikers chase down defenders. We've really lacked that because every other team do it. In effect it's like being a man down
                          Under Les Ferdinand:
                          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

You could see on Sunday that once he scored he became twice the player. He was making chances for himself & other people. Remember when he chased the ball as it was going out of play, ran it all the way to the end then crossed it perfectly to Bobby? Bloody fantastic.

Comment

Best striker we have at the moment, should start when fit. End of discussion.

Comment

Working...
                              X