Getting our defending right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting our defending right

We have the ability to create chances and score but clearly we are lacking defensively. (I know, stating the bleeding obvious!)

But surely we must now play Clint at centre back with Nelsen. He may not be the quickest but he is streets ahead of Ferdinand both in positional play and winning headers, making last ditch tackles. We cant bring anyone else in until Jan (but then who would want to join us anyway?) so why not play him? Reading would not have had so many free headers in our box had Hill been there.
    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

i agree, i would play hill against stoke.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Ryan Nelson and Clint Hill as a pair of first 11 premiership Centre Backs. Think we need another transfer window with another manager picking the players we need. Havent got no choice tho thats the sad part.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        Ryan Nelson and Clint Hill as a pair of first 11 premiership Centre Backs. Think we need another transfer window with another manager picking the players we need. Havent got no choice tho thats the sad part.
        Just making the best of what we've got until January
        22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

easy to target the defence but I was v impressed with Nelson, if N'bia didn't behave in such a pathetic way our centre halves would be decent. Too many people don't mention Boswinga who didn't have a good game. If Troare is injured we are in real sh it because Ohnuna is the worst player in our squad, hopefully dyer can get fit or god help us
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
            We have the ability to create chances and score but clearly we are lacking defensively. (I know, stating the bleeding obvious!)

But surely we must now play Clint at centre back with Nelsen. He may not be the quickest but he is streets ahead of Ferdinand both in positional play and winning headers, making last ditch tackles. We cant bring anyone else in until Jan (but then who would want to join us anyway?) so why not play him? Reading would not have had so many free headers in our box had Hill been there.
            I have to agree, he is solid and much better than Ferdinand.

We need to stop the leaks and fast!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              easy to target the defence but I was v impressed with Nelson, if N'bia didn't behave in such a pathetic way our centre halves would be decent. Too many people don't mention Boswinga who didn't have a good game. If Troare is injured we are in real sh it because Ohnuna is the worst player in our squad, hopefully dyer can get fit or god help us
              Traore and Boswinga are examples of this new breed of prem left back...great going forward them ambles back to do a bit of defending cos they have too. Both tried to play the ball out of defence yesterday and nearly got caught.

Comment

Hill for me next week against that load of bruisers. Importantly though, is that Hill is a left sided CB which gives us better balance.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

i feared for us yesterday every time a high ball came into the box , we need a big lump hill is not the answer or ferdy , i cant believe onauha gets anywhere near the 1st team so we are going to struggle until mbia comes back ,in jan we need to get someone in quick

Comment

I had high hopes for Onauha; but as of late I cringe whenever he is playing.
                    Hill seems like a solution, not because he is a great player, only because he looks like one of the very few who give a crap.
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                    X