Season so far v last season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season so far v last season

Unless I've got it wrong we're currently 2 points worse off on the head to head from last season, if you replace Bolton with West Ham. Tells me when can still turn it around with a few wins we didn't get last season e.g. Wigan away. Of course it would also mean beating Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool at home!
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Last season when we were 2 points better off......we changed our manager
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Agree that our results other than WHU, & Swancelona are no worse than last years! Better result at Norwich lost there last year. probably played 5 of the teams who are likely to finish in the top 6 Man City,Arsenal,Spurs,Everton,oh and the Sh## from down the Road
      Lets give it Time but think if Hughes doesn't win 2 of the next 3 especially the home games he's gone? Think T.F will have to bite the bullitt only thing I beleive that it will cost around £10M to sack Hughes and his backroom staff?

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
        only thing I beleive that it will cost around £10M to sack Hughes and his backroom staff?
        I don't think it will - the press often talk about "paying up the contract value", but this is often for headlines in the modern day. A sensible contract will now have clear targets in them - which is basically performance management and the club should be legally covered. Another more likely outcome is a compromise agreement.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Agree that our results other than WHU, & Swancelona are no worse than last years! Better result at Norwich lost there last year. probably played 5 of the teams who are likely to finish in the top 6 Man City,Arsenal,Spurs,Everton,oh and the Sh## from down the Road
          Lets give it Time but think if Hughes doesn't win 2 of the next 3 especially the home games he's gone? Think T.F will have to bite the bullitt only thing I beleive that it will cost around £10M to sack Hughes and his backroom staff?
          I think this is simply the case. we have played very good teams in a period of change when the team hasn't been gelled and also had injuries. For the club size we are, there's no right to expect any points from City / Spurs / Arsenal away, and Chelsea at home. Add to this we've also played West Brom away and Everton at home who have both had their best starts for donkeys years.... that's just bad timing, and we could've beaten both.

Either way we can all say what we like about games we "could've" picked up points, and of course we should have but we haven't.

I actually think the root cause of our shocking start was a p15s poor pre season. We played utterly pointless matches against conference quality sides in Asia, hence we rolled them over 5-0 even when playing kids. It was a marketing driven tour and that's all well and good, but we should've played quality opponents to ready us for the tough season ahead. We thne came home and played Wycombe (i think it was anyway), again another non challenge..... The Swansea game was embarrassing and highlighted just how unprepared we were, and Norwich in the 2nd game we were also not at the races and lucky for a point. After than we got better and more to the level we should be and started competing, but the damage was already done and we were on the foot of the table. We've still to recover.

Comment

We were never bottom last season. Ever. Except after Bolton, which doesn't count. And we stayed out of the bottom three until Hughes was manager....

Comment

making comparisons to last season is all well and good but IMO there is no comparison when you look at our squad now.
              Therefore, that makes our performance so far, considerably worse, as we have supposedly a much better squad.
              I've said before, there's something clearly wrong in the managing of our players

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
                making comparisons to last season is all well and good but IMO there is no comparison when you look at our squad now.
                Therefore, that makes our performance so far, considerably worse, as we have supposedly a much better squad.
                I've said before, there's something clearly wrong in the managing of our players
                Now that says all we need to know......

Comment

I've said on other threads, last season we conceded about 15 more goals than Stoke, WBA, Sunderland, Fulham, who are clubs we would like to be competitive with.
                  He then goes out and buys a 35 year old centre half!!
                  What's that all about?

Comment

I've said on other threads, last season we conceded about 15 more goals than Stoke, WBA, Sunderland, Fulham, who are clubs we would like to be competitive with.
                    What's that all about?
                    Sadly that 35 year old centre half has been one of our better players?

Comment

Good points raised there about the points.

I think QPR have played 5 of the sides who look destined to finish in the top 7 (Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and maybe Everton), but MH has got enough games to turn things around and the next 3-4 games will show us if he is capable of doing so.

If TF was to think of sacking MH, yes it would cost around £10M for him and his team of staff, but TF should think of what QPR could lose if they go down. The new TV contact from next season is worth twice as much as this season, so the losses for just one season away could be more than £45M.

Comment

What's that all about?
                        Not sure how you can be critical of the acquisition of Nelsen who as said above has been one of our best players so far. Anyway, what has age got to do with anything. He's 35 yes, but he's fit as a fiddle and as strong a battler we could hope for in the defence, ad to that he's not injury prone. Flipside of that is the young players like Traore, Fabio etc, who seem to get a knock and be out constantly.

Comment

What's that all about?
                          There is nothing wrong with signing Nelsen. He is still a good centre half and is proving it now that he is the team.

One of the problems has been other defenders making errors or having no option, due to injuries, to have to ask Hill to play at left back. The other problem has been a lack of goals. Often playing Zamora as a lone striker or with a bit of support from Holiett or Taarabt is not gong to resolve this. We all knew in pre season that another striker who can score goals was required.

Also selecting an out of sorts and ineffective SWP (yes, it is clear I don't rate him neither did the Chelsea fans when he played for), has been a problem.

Comment

My point about Nelsen is not a criticism of him, far from it, he has been one of our better players.
                            I'm trying to illustrate that he's the only new centre half we've bought, when our central defence needed serious reinforcing. Why didn't our highly paid management team recognise this when all of us did?
                            I agree Nelsen is good but he won't keep us up, will he? Mbia is firstly a midfield player, who can play at the back, secondly has temperament issues as we saw on Saturday and thirdly is injury prone.
                            All successful teams have had solid foundation at the back

Comment

Working...
                            X