Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sandy !

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rebel R's
    King of Pessimism
    • Mar 2009
    • 12266

    #1

    Sandy !

    Flight cancelled and can't get home till Friday from NY,have my 2 kids with me,suddenly Hughes and QPR don't seem that important
  • DeepcutHoop
    Gold Seat
    • Dec 2009
    • 6965

    #2
    Sorry to hear that fella. Hopefully it will will be nowhere near as bad as they're saying it might be, and you'll just be a couple of days late home. They seem to be well prepared of this, which is a good sign.

    Will be keeping everything crossed for you and yours. You'll be back for the win over Reading, no probs!

    Comment

    • Sandy Flash
      Apprentice
      • Sep 2012
      • 143

      #3
      It's okay darling the postman will keep me entertained.

      Joke aside it will be gone in a flash, hope you and your kids get home safely.
      Stand and Deliver!

      Comment

      • bushcelt1
        CCG
        • Sep 2009
        • 11070

        #4
        hope you all get home safe-somethings are more important. never been to the states-love to.
        PRIDE OF LONDON.

        Comment

        • gator
          Gold Seat
          • Aug 2010
          • 6791

          #5
          I'm more inland so we're not going to get hit as bad but the winds are supposed to hit 100K per hour here with very heavy rain! I suppose I'll have to stay inside tonight and watch replays of QPR's season so far!
          @gatorTFC

          Comment

          • silvercue
            Silver Seat
            • Mar 2009
            • 4704

            #6
            Good luck - I hope you are getting looked after properly by hotel/travel company etc?
            twitter @silvercue

            soundcloud

            Comment

            • vblockranger
              • Mar 2009
              • 15218

              #7
              Originally posted by gator
              I'm more inland so we're not going to get hit as bad but the winds are supposed to hit 100K per hour here with very heavy rain! I suppose I'll have to stay inside tonight and watch replays of QPR's season so far!
              think id rather walk about outside in the storm! :-)

              Comment

              • acricketer
                Platinum Seat
                • Mar 2009
                • 12068

                #8
                Just put 400lbs of pebbles round the outside of the house. Now just waiting. Schools have already closed for the next 3 days at least. We'll just have to eat all the Halloween candy ourselves.

                Comment

                • Fraggy
                  Administrator
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 9728

                  #9
                  Originally posted by gator
                  I'm more inland so we're not going to get hit as bad but the winds are supposed to hit 100K per hour here with very heavy rain! I suppose I'll have to stay inside tonight and watch replays of QPR's season so far!
                  We are also under warning up here that due to being close to the lake, the storm coming in could also be mixed with lake affect snow :(

                  On top of that, I have to drive to Scarborough (just outside Toronto, not the lovely seaside resort in The U.K.) tomorrow morning & the winds on the highway are expected to be in excess of 100kmh.

                  Still nowhere near as what NY is expected to receive. Lay low Rebel & goodluck m8!
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

                  Comment

                  • gator
                    Gold Seat
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 6791

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Fraggy
                    We are also under warning up here that due to being close to the lake, the storm coming in could also be mixed with lake affect snow :(

                    On top of that, I have to drive to Scarborough (just outside Toronto, not the lovely seaside resort in The U.K.) tomorrow morning & the winds on the highway are expected to be in excess of 100kmh.

                    Still nowhere near as what NY is expected to receive. Lay low Rebel & goodluck m8!

                    If you get the snow that is possible you probably won't be going anywhere! They are calling for 7 or 8 meter waves on Lake Huron!
                    @gatorTFC

                    Comment

                    • Fraggy
                      Administrator
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 9728

                      #11
                      That was what I was hoping for as I really am not looking forward to spending the day down in Scarborough.
                      I'm looking down at Georgian Bay at the moment, which is an inlet off Lake Huron & the water is looking very choppy at present.
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

                      Comment

                      • Rebel R's
                        King of Pessimism
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 12266

                        #12
                        All shops closed,and transportation but taxi's running and restaurants open,storm due to hit manhattan tonight,just wet and windy at the moment,plenty of drink in hotel bar( westin Times Square) today!

                        Comment

                        • Gtleighsr3
                          CCG
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 23569

                          #13
                          if the storm surge is as big as theysay,get down a sporting goods store,get a dingy and ride the wave home.
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

                          Comment

                          • gator
                            Gold Seat
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 6791

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Rebel R's
                            All shops closed,and transportation but taxi's running and restaurants open,storm due to hit manhattan tonight,just wet and windy at the moment,plenty of drink in hotel bar( westin Times Square) today!
                            Hopefully the power stays on to keep it cool! Stay safe my friend!
                            @gatorTFC

                            Comment

                            • Gtleighsr3
                              CCG
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 23569

                              #15
                              worlds biggest game of apple dunking
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

                              Comment

                              Working...