Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between Hughes and Ferguson......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Hughes and Ferguson......

There are many things, but when the Scum went down to 10 men he put on another striker and went 4-4-2!

Hughes took our striker off and just replaced him with another one against Everton!

You know teams will defend with 10 men and you need to gamble!

Hughes lost his bottle!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
    There are many things, but when the Scum went down to 10 men he put on another striker and went 4-4-2!

Hughes took our striker off and just replaced him with another one against Everton!

Hughes lost his bottle!

This.

Comment

Yes but Zamora did absolutely nothing in that match, couldn't control sh1te, passing was wayward, won nothing in the air and would't shoot if in an army.... what would the point in keeping him on be exactly?

Also the fact MH had to make 2 defensive subs somewhat restricted his options.

Comment

Subs made at the right time to

Comment

Whilst making comparisons with Ferguson - remember how things went for him after he took over at OT? In 86/7 they finished 11th as they did in 88/9 despite spending fortunes on players. In 89/90 he again spent masses of money on 5 big name signings and after winning the first game of the season they then went on a run of 6 defeats and 2 draws in their next 8 games. There was a mass calling for him to be sacked but the Board stuck by him - they finished the season down the bottom end but of course avoided relegation. They also got that all important trophy which started to change the fans minds - they went on to finish 6th the following season and also won the FA Cup - beyond that, the history books show him to be the most successful of managers and still going strong today.

What would have happened if the fans had got their own way or if the Board had no backbone? Who really knows eh. I just thought if people wanted to start making comparisons between Hughes and Fergie, this is as good a place to start as any
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Hughes need to find his bowlox next week and go for it otherwise he will be jobless, fail to win next week and i think a big number will turn against him.

Comment

I think Hughes should get the chance to sign a few new players in the January window. The squad is far too thin.And The factual mix is not good at all. In a way, our attacking play went to pieces when AJ got injured for the season. And, oh dear,Cisse is in my opinion just a showboater and a typical one season wonder(clubwize) it seems like.Another point; I hear they say that DJ should have been given a chance, but reports at the time did also say that he didnīt keep himself fit at all when he was injured. What kind of proffesionalism is that really. QPR, through and through. I have heard that slogan before; Bothroyd springs to mind.
              What I would like Sparky to be allowed now is to buy british, or at least players who are thoroughly scanned by Mr. Rigg and his scouting network. Mr. Rigg is a main man at the club, but donīt you take it for granted that he will stay loyal to the club should Sparky be sacked from his position.
              And who knows how long Fernandes will bother to keep QPR? IMO, that is a worry as well.
              Last edited by Shania; 28-10-2012, 09:23 PM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post

Hughes lost his bottle!

Excatly who is the number two striker at our club now??
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

I dont think MH knows either,he has changed his tactics,team,and formation so many times now .

Comment

To me it seems like he has used this 9 matches as preperation,lol. That man must believe a lot in his own ability to turn it around.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Working...
                    X