Faurlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faurlin

I just cant understand why he is not getting picked.
    The Midfield v Arsenal should have been Hoillett, Faurlin,Granero,Diakite,Taarabt.

I stand by Hughes to turn things around, but there is no excuse for not having Faurlin in the side.

Totally agree, there is no way swp should have started Adel should have started on the right and Faurlin should have been in the middle, another hughes mistake and after saying he cant pick the same team week in week out then does this, proves he doesnt know his best team, i was at the game yeaterday and it was my first time at the emirates which is an amazing stadium but with none of the atmosphere of loftus road, i love being in the premiership but really do miss the days and games from the championship, i may get shot down in flames for saying that but this dosent feel like reel football anymore where regular saturday 3pm kick offs and wed/tues night games do.

Comment

I'm a bit miffed as well, especially as he was rushed back from injury? Would play him in the holding role with Diakite and push Granero further forward, just behind the front man (Cisse).

Comment

He is put on the bench but never used, even when he can see our midfield is being overrun, I thought MH was a stats man well what about Faurlins tackling stats which if I remember rightly is one of the best in the PL, surely that's enough reason to use him and what with his play too. IMO MH really has no idea.
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
          The Midfield v Arsenal should have been Hoillett, Faurlin,Granero,Diakite,Taarabt.

I stand by Hughes to turn things around, but there is no excuse for not having Faurlin in the side.
          I think most fans would agree with your midfield, I certainly do.

However, if you stand by Hughes to turn things around, you also have to stand by his team selections to do the job. He is wedded to 4-4-2 and Faurlin doesn't fit into his system at present. IMO, keeping one of the league's top ball-winners on the bench is criminal.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

you have to questions MH judgement if he picks SWP ahead of Faurlin

Comment

I cannot for the life of me understand why our best player is on the bench?

He should be in the side ahead of SWP with Granero pushed further forward!

Hughes is doing my head in!
              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Faurlin is one of our best players and if he doesn't play, someone will come in for him and we are weaker on the pitch
                doesn't add up

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post

I agree that should have been the selection, but it wasn't and QPR were yet again overrun in midfield.

Sorry, but I don't stand by Hughes to get it right. He has to start making team selections to win games and be prepared to change things around when things are not going according to plan.

He could have done so against West Ham in the 1st half by bringing on Diakite to support Faurlin and Granero, but waited until the 2nd half when QPR were 2-0 down to do so.

He could also have brought Faulrlin on for SWP, but chose to stick Mackie on to do what SWP was struggling to do. No change in tactics whatsoever.

Comment

Faurlin and Hill are my favorite players at QPR so for me not playing Faurlin which is one of the best and fine players we have is a real insult.
                    Giving up on him stands for me the same as saying to the opponent; the midfield is yours !
                    Granero is not a DM and again he had problems to pass things around when he was in possession of the ball.

So much enjoyed the game against Spurs were we bossed them in the midfield with Faurlin and Granero who played so well together and have good understanding.
                    MH unable to build on that has to lay in his own stubbornness or failing tactical.
                    Also Taarabt plays better with Faurlin in the side, everyone know this but somehow MH doesn't get it.

Another manager would lick his lips having this quality in his squad and would be further up the table with our squad.
                    I even think if one our fans would manage QPR at the moment we would be further up that table, that alone says it all.
                    From Holland with love

Comment

Only a muppet manager would play Hughes' midfield formation away to Arsenal. Only a muppet would play SWP. A non muppet would play, for the next three make or break games, Faulin as the holding midfielder; Holliett, Granero, Diakite, Adel across the middle; and, with BZ not having done the business two games running, Cisse up front (provided he's given balls to run on to). Almost every fan would pick this team now. Muppet Hughes, however, it seems will not. If Hughes screws up the next three games he'll never again get a job in football. Why would you p&ss away your career over the likes of Park and SWP? And a 442 formation that isn't working? That's something only a muppet soon to be ex- manager would do..... I hope for our sakes we're all wrong.

Comment

Picks SWP over Hoilett then picks him over Faurlin

Would even have Mackie over SWP

You cant win with Hughes, literally

Incapable of putting out his best team which is why we keep losing

Comment

can't argue with you, MH has had my support untl now
                          3 games against Reading, Stoke and Saints
                          minumum of 5 ponts or OUT
                          Originally posted by Dale View Post
                          Picks SWP over Hoilett then picks him over Faurlin

Would even have Mackie over SWP

You cant win with Hughes, literally

Incapable of putting out his best team which is why we keep losing

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
                            can't argue with you, MH has had my support untl now
                            3 games against Reading, Stoke and Saints
                            minumum of 5 ponts or OUT
                            Youve lower expectations than me mate; I want minimum 6 or 7 tbh, have to get 2 wins in the games vs Reading & Soton.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

The reason I want Hughes gone is not because we're bottom, not because we haven't won away for God knows how many matches, but it is because of his complete incompetence. Everyone knows we should have played Tarbs, Granero, Diakite, Faurlin, Hoilett in midfield yesterday. Things like that change the outcome of matches, not M'bia getting sent off.

Comment

Working...
                              X