leigertwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leigertwood

scored a cracker today. funny how he wouldn't even get into our 45 now, let alone our 25, and was booed out of Loftus Rd for being a donkey. on paper he is not fit to tie the shoe laces of faurlin, granero, diakite and probably a few more as well yet we seem to have lost team spirit or cohesion. i know its easy to be wise in hindsight but if we had just bought a handful of really good players and kept a lot of fairly average ones who were part of the furniture, wd we now be doing better? So instead of buying Zamora, Cisse and Hoilet we had signed just Defoe or loaned just Carrol? Granero is a good player, but has he really improved the midfield of Faurlin and Diakite? Or was Fabio an improvement on Traore? Has Nelsen and Mbia been a massive step up? I don't really know the answer, just asking questions. My hunch is that most of the players we brought in were a step up, but perhaps not such a step up that it has out-weighted the damage to team spirit and continuity. But as I say, I'm only asking the questions and unlike some fans am certainly not going to jump on the back of Hughes and still less Fernandes because these are extremely difficult decisions, to be made in the context of budgets, past mistakes and so on. The worst thing is that there is no obvious way to improve things from here.

and Delaney and Ramage scored for Palace!

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
      and Delaney and Ramage scored for Palace!
      now you are going too far tw! damian delaney - give me strength! actually you have cheered me up - you only have to think we now have traore and bossingwa at full back and only 18 months ago it was those clowns. amazing how we've improved - kind of...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        scored a cracker today. funny how he wouldn't even get into our 45 now, let alone our 25, and was booed out of Loftus Rd for being a donkey. on paper he is not fit to tie the shoe laces of faurlin, granero, diakite and probably a few more as well yet we seem to have lost team spirit or cohesion. i know its easy to be wise in hindsight but if we had just bought a handful of really good players and kept a lot of fairly average ones who were part of the furniture, wd we now be doing better? So instead of buying Zamora, Cisse and Hoilet we had signed just Defoe or loaned just Carrol? Granero is a good player, but has he really improved the midfield of Faurlin and Diakite? Or was Fabio an improvement on Traore? Has Nelsen and Mbia been a massive step up? I don't really know the answer, just asking questions. My hunch is that most of the players we brought in were a step up, but perhaps not such a step up that it has out-weighted the damage to team spirit and continuity. But as I say, I'm only asking the questions and unlike some fans am certainly not going to jump on the back of Hughes and still less Fernandes because these are extremely difficult decisions, to be made in the context of budgets, past mistakes and so on. The worst thing is that there is no obvious way to improve things from here.
        Good post. Who knows.

I think part of the problem is MH has tried to refresh an entire squad, not just a few players. As a result i still don't think he knows our best starting 11 or formation, which isn't really surprising. There's no doubt in periods we are playing some great stuff, but i think if we don't pick up 6 points from Reading and Saints at hime in the next 2 home games it could be too much for TF to ignore. I personally hope we get a win against Readin which i think could kick start us and pitck up more points quickly.. in a month the table could look so different.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          Good post. Who knows.

I think part of the problem is MH has tried to refresh an entire squad, not just a few players. As a result i still don't think he knows our best starting 11 or formation, which isn't really surprising. There's no doubt in periods we are playing some great stuff, but i think if we don't pick up 6 points from Reading and Saints at hime in the next 2 home games it could be too much for TF to ignore. I personally hope we get a win against Readin which i think could kick start us and pitck up more points quickly.. in a month the table could look so different.
          agree. we might be going through that period that ferguson went through at the start of his man u career and was apparently a game away from getting the sack. im not of course saying we will go on to have anything like utds success but two or three wins and everyone will have forgotten all of this moaning and will be suddenly saying what a good squad we have. but a couple more defeats and even I realise Hughes will be under intense pressure. such fine margins.

Comment

Working...
          X