Does hughes have the menerals to drop park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does hughes have the menerals to drop park

Park is clearly not good enough for the team at the moment. we had much better options on the bench than him yesterday. Mackie, Faurlin, SWP would all have done a better job than him, but would Hughes be willing to drop him?

He is clearly a bit fearful of his job, would he risk p*ssing TF off by giving him a spell on the bench?

Park was one of our best players yesterday what are you on about?

Comment

Are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
        Park is clearly not good enough for the team at the moment. we had much better options on the bench than him yesterday. Mackie, Faurlin, SWP would all have done a better job than him, but would Hughes be willing to drop him?

He is clearly a bit fearful of his job, would he risk p*ssing TF off by giving him a spell on the bench?
        Your post/thread lost all credibility with what is highlighted in bold.

Comment

I think Mackie would have been a better option, Park had 2 chances which i think Mackie would have buried

Comment

Yeah because the clear chance jajielka didn't slide in at the exact same time...........

Evertons strongest point is there left side yesterday there strongest pour was the right side do you know why?

Comment

Each to their own opinion, but SWP and Mackie better options is in my view very questionable. I thought Park had quite a good game, but agree that Faurlin is a better option.

Comment

I think Mackie would have been a better option, Park had 2 chances which i think Mackie would have buried
                Like the simple chance Mackie had against Swansea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I haven't been overy impressed with Park this season and my expectations were lower than some on here, I don't like the fact that he is the skipper because it probably makes it harder for Hughes to drop him! He tracked back well at times yesterday which as noted is important against a strong left sided Everton team but I just wonder if Park should maybe come off the bench in some games as a potential impact sub and start Faurlin instead!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                    I haven't been overy impressed with Park this season and my expectations were lower than some on here, I don't like the fact that he is the skipper because it probably makes it harder for Hughes to drop him! He tracked back well at times yesterday which as noted is important against a strong left sided Everton team but I just wonder if Park should maybe come off the bench in some games as a potential impact sub and start Faurlin instead!
                    Start faurlin where? At the rm

Comment

Park had one of his best games for us. He kept one of the best LB's in the league quiet and was good around the box.

I still expect more from him, but that was a definite improvement. Mackie & SWP would have made us weaker down the right side.

Comment

i thought he was pedestrian

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
                          Start faurlin where? At the rm
                          No, I suppose that is part of the problem, I'm not sure if Ale, Adel or Samba would be better playing in the wide right position!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                            No, I suppose that is part of the problem, I'm not sure if Ale, Adel or Samba would be better playing in the wide right position!
                            Yep it is the issue we have .
                            Hughes yesterday had to keep the baines pienaar quiet as well as attack.
                            Hoilett up top with Zamora ,adel on the left , samba and granero in the middle with park on the right to support bosingwa with IMO one of the best left sided duo in the prem.
                            Having a different formation like 4-3-3 with faurlin Samba and granero in the middle with hoilett on the left would have left us weak there let alone only playing one at top which everybody moans at when playing at home.
                            So who would have been a better option at rm than park yesterday ? IMO nobody we would have got torn to shreds but they where forced to play down the right side instead.

So the question is would you of played faurlin instead of samba or granero?

Comment

Park wasn't sensational but both Mackie and SWP have been v poor this season. It seems every game we say "we must drop x or y player" then when the manager finally does we immediately call for them to be re-instated (oh, while also complaining that the manager isn't sticking with a settled team).

Comment

Working...
                              X