Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team and tactics for Arsenal.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team and tactics for Arsenal.............

I saw Arsenal's game against Norwich and they were beyond poor. If we approach the game in the right frame of mind then who knows. Things that struck me. Walcott was injured. Let's hope he is still injured next week and Chamberlain came on and went off injured. These are their 2 quick players, so perhaps they can't counter attack us like they do to most teams. Wilshere could be back, but the guy has not played for 14 months. I believe they are looking to start him against Reading in the cup in the game after ours. Norwich were very good at closing down their midfield and didn't let them play. So the service to Giroud and Podollski was poor. Gervinho does not look as effective playing out wide when he does through the middle. Norwich created chances and if we can and take them, then we will have a good chance. Hughes unlike yesterday needs to get his tactics spot on. Let's be positive and take the game to the opposition. We tried setting up a team not to lose at West Brom and we were 2 down in 20 mins.

Team for me:

Caesar

Bosingwa M'Bia Nelsen (c) Traore

Faurlin Diakite

Hoilett Granero Tarabat

Zamora
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Agree about Nelsen for Captain, won't happen though. Park is the wort leader I can remember us having.
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

norwich are a big bullying team , which are the sort of teams arsenal hate playing against but im afraid we aint that sort of team so will therefore struggle !
      LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

M'bia, Nelsen, Diakite and Zamora put themselves about.
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

I watched Arsenal they couldn't handle Grant holt he caused them so many problems? so I think as bad as Zamora was yesterday he has to start against them and try and bully thier back 4 like he and Mackie did at home last year or are we going to try and out pass the masters?

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
            I saw Arsenal's game against Norwich and they were beyond poor. If we approach the game in the right frame of mind then who knows. Things that struck me. Walcott was injured. Let's hope he is still injured next week and Chamberlain came on and went off injured. These are their 2 quick players, so perhaps they can't counter attack us like they do to most teams. Wilshere could be back, but the guy has not played for 14 months. I believe they are looking to start him against Reading in the cup in the game after ours. Norwich were very good at closing down their midfield and didn't let them play. So the service to Giroud and Podollski was poor. Gervinho does not look as effective playing out wide when he does through the middle. Norwich created chances and if we can and take them, then we will have a good chance. Hughes unlike yesterday needs to get his tactics spot on. Let's be positive and take the game to the opposition. We tried setting up a team not to lose at West Brom and we were 2 down in 20 mins.

Team for me:

Caesar

Bosingwa M'Bia Nelsen (c) Traore

Faurlin Diakite

Hoilett Granero Tarabat

Zamora
            This would be my team too (assuming Hoilett can play wide right?) but realistically he is not going to drop Park. Agree we need a way, certainly on our travels, of shoe-horning Diakite, Granero and Faurlin in the same team.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
              M'bia, Nelsen, Diakite and Zamora put themselves about.
              mmmmm maybe!
              LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Would be nice to see Cisse get a start, but where should he fit in?
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Same as yesterday for me... You just know though that traore or nelson won't be fit
                  http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                    Same as yesterday for me... You just know though that traore or nelson won't be fit
                    I agree same XI.

I wouldn't drop Park. He always used to pop up with a goal against Arsenal when we was at United. Plus if Santos (their weak link) is starting again I think him and Bosingwa could have a lot of luck down the right side.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Planet View Post
                      I agree same XI.

I wouldn't drop Park. He always used to pop up with a goal against Arsenal when we was at United. Plus if Santos (their weak link) is starting again I think him and Bosingwa could have a lot of luck down the right side.

I remember Park against them in the CL semi final at Emritates (or maybe it was still Highbury then). Had one of his best games.

That said, I think he needs to be dropped

Comment

Working...
                      X