Encouraging, but..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encouraging, but..............

I was certainly not as hacked off as I was after West Brom. It was a real shame we couldn't win, but I certainly left the ground thinking that Hughes was very negative with his tactics during the game. I can understand why Onuhua and Ferdinand came on, but for the life of me when you are playing 10 men at home having lots of play you do not need 4 at the back! Managers like Mourinho always go on the offensive in this type of situation. It struck me more that Hughes did not want to lose the game rather than try to win it. Yet again we don't win and now we move on to Arsenal where we will get naff all. Hughes cannot buy a win away from home. Many of the players did well yesterday. Some once again disappointed. Park has been very poor for a while now. I think the guy needs a break. Too much pressure perhaps. Cisse looks like a Sunday League player this season. He doesn't look fit, doesn't look interested. I know he has his personal issues with his marriage, but surely you should try not to bring personal issues into your place of work. That first win has be to around the corner soon. When it will come I do not know. But we need to get at least 22-25 points by about January or we will be adrift.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Can't see where 10 points are coming from let alone 22 by January.
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Dont get me wrong we have had a poor start regardless who we have played, but look at the games we have played, played alot of top sides. We still have (before Xmas) Reading, Southampton & Villa at home - games I would like to see 7 or 9 points from tbh. There are plety of winnable games coming up & I think we will start seeing some wins I really do.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Dont get me wrong we have had a poor start regardless who we have played, but look at the games we have played, played alot of top sides. We still have (before Xmas) Reading, Southampton & Villa at home - games I would like to see 7 or 9 points from tbh. There are plety of winnable games coming up & I think we will start seeing some wins I really do.

Talk is cheap. We have been saying that all season and it's now nearly November and we still can't win. Not looking good for Hughes and he only has himself to blame.
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
          Talk is cheap. We have been saying that all season and it's now nearly November and we still can't win. Not looking good for Hughes and he only has himself to blame.
          Yep I agree I said the exact same thing on another thread. IMO Sparkie got it spot on yesterday, its down to the players on the pitch to do the business.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Yep I agree I said the exact same thing on another thread. IMO Sparkie got it spot on yesterday, its down to the players on the pitch to do the business.
            cant sack the players for their performance but we can sack the manager for not getting them to play to their potential...called man-management. Bottom 3 at Xmas and it should be bye bye Hughes.

Comment

gloss it over any way you want
              WE'RE BOTTOM
              3PTS ON THE TABLE
              AND NEED 35PTS FROM 30 GAMES TO STAY UP
              a fifth of the season nigh on gone and foe all the neat passing football, we are not winning
              have few forward options...hughes will always be chelsea imo and for the money he's on, the backing he's had IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Comment

Working...
              X