Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the champions league now bigger than international football!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the champions league now bigger than international football!!!

i say yes!!! poor attendances across europe tonite...wales/scotand not even a sell out at little cardiffs ground ffs!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Yeah...I'd agree with that. Apart from the main tournaments.

I also think the other UEFA league cup would be more attractive if it was a straight knock out, 32 teams. Less strain on a teams season = them going for it more(?)

Guess the £££'s numbers wouldn't add up though?

Comment

recession taking its toll, plus lots generally piSSe8 off with the obscene amounts of money in the game
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

All internationals do is annoy me because they screw up the league schedules, its too much and too often

If it was me I would make the Euros and world cup straight knock out competitions, it would make those actual competitions more exciting as well

And I know people will say that teams need games to gell but i really never see that with england anyway and it would be an even playing field for all.
        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

I read somewhere that in 2014 clubs would be in a position to renegotiate their obligations to UEFA and FIFA. When a World Cup goes to Qatar where it is 50 degrees in the Summer there is something seriously rotten in FIFA. I hope the Prem takes a stand against others profiting from it's most expensive assets.

Comment

Yeah it is. For a start it has passion
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              I read somewhere that in 2014 clubs would be in a position to renegotiate their obligations to UEFA and FIFA. When a World Cup goes to Qatar where it is 50 degrees in the Summer there is something seriously rotten in FIFA. I hope the Prem takes a stand against others profiting from it's most expensive assets.
              They are looking to play that in winter
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

The champions league is big, but most clubs in it can't sell out for any of their group games and some of the knock out stages too. Chelsea have to advertise in the Metro and on the radio and still have empty seats, as do Utd and most clubs on the continent.

The champions league is big on TV, mainly because most armchair fans support "big clubs".

The world cup finals is still the biggest sporting event in the world.
                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

#### me would u want to sit next to isleworth and have the sheff wed band behind u as well?
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                  X