The Swan, 66 Bayswater Road, London W2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Swan, 66 Bayswater Road, London W2

Simon Staal was over from Sweden and as he was staying in Lancaster Gate, I thought that it was a good opportunity to have a pint with him down the Bayswater Road. Situated on the edge of the Manor and opposite Kensington Gardens, ‘The Swan’ dates back as a coaching Inn to at least 1721, and as a tavern or similar, to possibly the early 1600’s ? It is also thought that it was once called ‘The Saracen’s Head’? There … Continue reading →

More...

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    Simon Staal was over from Sweden and as he was staying in Lancaster Gate, I thought that it was a good opportunity to have a pint with him down the Bayswater Road. Situated on the edge of the Manor and opposite Kensington Gardens, ‘The Swan’ dates back as a coaching Inn to at least 1721, and as a tavern or similar, to possibly the early 1600’s ? It is also thought that it was once called ‘The Saracen’s Head’? There … Continue reading →

More...
    Brilliant article. As a history graduate, I find stuff like that of great interest.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
      Brilliant article. As a history graduate, I find stuff like that of great interest.
      Me too......not the history graduate bit......but I love the linking of current buildings with history...particularly pubs....

Comment

Some things don't change used to drink in there nigh on forty years ago, basically because it was packed with tourists and was great for meeting young ladies who,shall we say, wished to meet local gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Charles View Post
          Some things don't change used to drink in there nigh on forty years ago, basically because it was packed with tourists and was great for meeting young ladies who,shall we say, wished to meet local gentlemen.
          was in there in the early 70's, think Gerry Francis was in there for that very reason
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
          X