Those yellows for samba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those yellows for samba

My eye sight isn't what it was and at ground I thought stonewall x2 yellows. However, just seen replay, first one wasn't even a foul let alone a yellow....he got the flaming ball. On the second he dived in to nick it not a full blooded lunge. My concern is that he'll decide not to go full blooded into challenges and be half the player. Time to earn your salary Sparky.

Once he gets booked its just a matter of time. Im really fked off with him, he's a liability. He's played about 10 games for us been sent off twice and been booked about 8 times.

Comment

Yes but we really struggled last season when he missed the last few games....we literally fell over the line. I remember the sunderland away game as a prime example, when he went off we had nothing, literally nothing. You need one of your central midfielders to drive forward at pace and we don't have that anywhere else. Lets judge him at the end of this season when he's had a season under his belt.

Comment

What annoyed me and made me spare last night was how McCarthy escaped a red. In the first half he dragged down SWP on the edge of the box and it was a 100% yellow card but the ref just gave a free kick. 2nd half were attacking on the right and he does the exact same thing to Granero and gets a yellow. That should have been his 2nd yellow and off.

West Ham were very cynical yesterday some would describe it as a very professional outfit; they killed the game whenever they faced any threat and were happy to take yellows to achieve this (think they got 8 in total??) Refs need to wise up to this when in charge of their matches

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          What annoyed me and made me spare last night was how McCarthy escaped a red. In the first half he dragged down SWP on the edge of the box and it was a 100% yellow card but the ref just gave a free kick. 2nd half were attacking on the right and he does the exact same thing to Granero and gets a yellow. That should have been his 2nd yellow and off.

West Ham were very cynical yesterday some would describe it as a very professional outfit; they killed the game whenever they faced any threat and were happy to take yellows to achieve this (think they got 8 in total??) Refs need to wise up to this when in charge of their matches
          I wouldn't decribe them as dirty (think of some of the others we've seen at loftus road) but cynical and professional. The lieing injured to waste seconds and take heat out of game annoys the hell out of me.

Comment

Was nice to see the keeper booked early for time wasting however its a little pointless when the ref does not follow it up when he continues

West Ham are a solid side and will stop up comfortably from what we saw yesterday. Not a great side but they work hard and everyone knows their role in the team. They work double hard all over the park the first 60mins so if teams can keep it level in future they could get picked off later in games but fair play to them I was impressed

Comment

he hasn't learnt from his debut.
              ability to be a decent player
              brains of a doormouse
              making mstakes is not a crime, failing to learn from them is!!

Comment

Working...
              X