No announcement yet.

So who should be captain then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 better footballers yes but a player to dominate? Nope don't think so.

All well & good having cultured players like faurlin & granero but if they get bullied like they did against reading & west ham its totally pointless. Since spurs it seems like they've been found out. Bully them they don't like it.

Comment

They were outnumbered, not so much bullied. They more than held their own against Spurs and Chelsea.

Put Samba in the middle alongside them if need be and he can give them a bit of a strength.

I'd always rather have footballers in the team who can actually play football, which is why I think the pairing of Faurlin & Granero can be so good.

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
        I saw Barton 'bully' a team once last year against Arsenal at home. The rest of the time he spent in opposition players pockets.

I think for myself too and reckon we have 4 better central midfielders at the club than him at the moment.

Anyway, he'll never play for us again so it doesn't really matter.
        Hope your wrong? I to am in the minority that thinks we're a better team with joey in it than out of it. I went to nearly every game last year and in some game was probably our best player. but people cant see it because they are so wrapped up in Faurlin & Taarabt (who are brilliant) they cant see much else, he actually brought the best out in Ali and i think Faurlin appreciated Barton being there!

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          Hope your wrong? I to am in the minority that thinks we're a better team with joey in it than out of it. I went to nearly every game last year and in some game was probably our best player. but people cant see it because they are so wrapped up in Faurlin & Taarabt (who are brilliant) they cant see much else, he actually brought the best out in Ali and i think Faurlin appreciated Barton being there!
          Joey would be good in the team but he is not a captain........If Park was not our captain (he is and should be supported in my opinion) I would favour Cesar...

Comment

For me its a no brainer: Nelson all day long.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
              AT all day; although I only get to watch games on TV these days, I noticed that AT was the only player trying to rally the players yesterday; he was also the only player to go over to Samba when he was being sent off.
              Agree

Comment

don't think the captaincy is the be all and end all. In cricket it is, not in football
                no one is suggesting that players don't gee others up if they're not captain
                shouldn't these guys be motivated anyway
                they went out on Monday night lacking any desire from the start
                IMO that the fault of MH not Park
                sure he's not the most vocal and has had 2 bad games, let's not crucify him now

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                  I think Joey did a lot of good work which wasn't recognised. Sometimes central midfield is a thankless task when you're doing the donkey work. He did his fair share of ball-winning and gee'd up the players as and when required. It's a pity we never got to see what he would be like with Ale and the Pirate alongside. He really rates Ale, and with these three plus M'bia and Diakite, our midfield would be awesome.

Add to that lot Adel, Hoilett and Park, and we'd have a top six midfield I'm sure.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

It should go to a defender who plays every week, oh wait a minute, we don't have one.

Comment

Nelsen or Hill. We need someone to give other players a right #######ing when needed! Let the others know who's in charge!
                      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                      X