The importance of a captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The importance of a captain

I posted earlier this week that MH was so incompetent to name Park as captain, and Derry as vice-captain, when he will hardly play.

I got quite a bit of abuse from some people, saying the role of the captain is overstated and it doesn't really even matter who the captain is.

In last night's game I saw two perfect examples of why a captain is very important. We needed a vociferous captain who is a leader to grab Diakite after he had been booked, to tell him to calm down, and not go sliding around. And when with 5 minutes to go we had a free-kick from 35 yards, we needed a captain to tell Adel, "no, you're not having a shot at goal from here, we have other better options". Ultimately, small things like these can be the difference between winning and losing.

PS, I missed who took over the captain's armband once Park went off - anyone know?

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
    PS, I missed who took over the captain's armband once Park went off - anyone know?
    I think the armband went to Nelsen

Comment

Originally posted by SussexR View Post
      I think the armband went to Nelsen
      Nelsen is about the only natural leader in the squad with a shout of starting every game!

Comment

Working...
      X