No announcement yet.

Are we for real...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that if we had all of our defenders fit, we would have plenty more points on the board by now.

It's a cliche but there really are no easy games in the Prem. Unfortunately for us we're having to go into games with a different back 4 each time- teams in this league are simply too good to let you get away with that.

My fear is that by the time all of our defenders are fit, the fans will have already lost patience with Hughes and made scapegoats of players like Park, Onuoha etc etc, therefore ruining their confidence and consigning them to the ever increasing list of talented players whose QPR careers fizzle out because they become the boo boys target.

Comment

Originally posted by sirduncs View Post
      yup 6 games in and we'd like to be doing better but we have to remember we were out of the prem for 16 years and stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season. so regardless of new signings success wasn't going to come overnight. i am prepared to be patient, but yeah it gets frustrating when you feel we snatch defeat from the jaws of almost-victory (spurs, diakite's sending off, the reading cup game etc.). that said, i simply can't wait for our first 3 points. we all need it for the confidence boost.

i rate park - but like anyone else, he may have an off day every now and then. a good role model and a great professional so i don't see his cba attitude in evidence. i do feel hughes is playing him out of position and presumably has his reasons for this.

onuoha however...i didn't rate him last season and i still don't rate him this season. yes he is an improvement on orr but to be honest my mate dave from down the pub would probably be an improvement on orr. the problem with onuoha is that when we signed him there was quite a lot of hype, which he hasn't lived up to, and he does not instil me with confidence at the back.
      Respect this opinion

Comment

agree with this post, prior to the Readng & West Ham games, the previous 3 aganst Spurs, Chelsae and Man City had shown a lot of promse.
        Tactically MH got the last 2 wrong, allowing more physical teams to hustle and bully our midfield. Get some injured defenders back, put Mbia / Diakite in the mddle to help Faurlin and Granero, get rd of SWP and Cisse, bring in Adel and Hoilett and we'll see a huge difference
        Originally posted by sirduncs View Post
        yup 6 games in and we'd like to be doing better but we have to remember we were out of the prem for 16 years and stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season. so regardless of new signings success wasn't going to come overnight. i am prepared to be patient, but yeah it gets frustrating when you feel we snatch defeat from the jaws of almost-victory (spurs, diakite's sending off, the reading cup game etc.). that said, i simply can't wait for our first 3 points. we all need it for the confidence boost.

i rate park - but like anyone else, he may have an off day every now and then. a good role model and a great professional so i don't see his cba attitude in evidence. i do feel hughes is playing him out of position and presumably has his reasons for this.

onuoha however...i didn't rate him last season and i still don't rate him this season. yes he is an improvement on orr but to be honest my mate dave from down the pub would probably be an improvement on orr. the problem with onuoha is that when we signed him there was quite a lot of hype, which he hasn't lived up to, and he does not instil me with confidence at the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
          Rich; QPR4Life had his post where his was digging out another posted edited; he has replied back with a much better structured response that does not include any digs at any posters on here; yes we are all intitled to our opinions, but digging each other out is not the way; I understand that players will be criticized & at times so called fans may say some negative things about our club in the heat of the moment; but I am also in the camp that has NEVER boo'd my team no matter how bad things got in the past; maybe JB enjoys the hostility & it makes him perform far better, but I don't think all players have the same mentality as our Joey.

I don't think QPR4LIFE is being sensitive, I just think that like myself, he will always back our team 110% regardless of the dross that may be happening out on the field.
          Cheers for the explanation.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

well done richard u took the words right out of my mouth

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
              @qpr4life

You're out of order for having a pop at 'so-called' fans who complain about what's happening with the team. 6 games in with a load of talented players and we're bottom and out of one cup. I remember all this keep the faith nonsense during 1996 when Wilkins was in charge. I did, and we got relegated.

So what do YOU do at the end of a game when we've played rubbish in a game we expect to win? Boo or cheer the losers off the pitch as though everything is ok and we'll do better next time? Paying supporters have every right to show their displeasure if they've been served up with dross at games. If people come onto a forum and want to berate players, then who are YOU to tell them to shut up?

If players aren't performing, then fans have every right to make comments about them. These guys are earning tens of thousands a week and criticism comes with the territory and the high salary. Remember when Joey got booed? He said the fans were right and he needed a kick up the khyber. If I was a player and underperforming, I'd expect to get stick.

If you really are that sensitive and don't like hearing or reading negative comments about our team, which is BOTTOM of the league, then don't read forums or go to games because you aren't going to stop it. Fans are going to have their say whether you like it or not, and if you don't like it, then at least respect their right to have their say rather than criticise them for doing so.
              Paying good money to see football is one thing and Paying good money to see the sport you enjoy is another. (If that makes sense)

I totally understand the fustration!! I feel the same anger everytime we start a match slowly, concede a silly goal or miss an easy chance.

However, Im just not going to BOO the team I love.

Im not digging, im just annoyed. I dislike being labeled as a fabric fan and I also dislike being placed into the 'We Boo our Team' - Its just not me.

I suppose, I remember where we have come from. I remember when we was nearly no longer a team. The fact is we have a come a long long way. If you want to pay £20 and watch Port Vale every week then be my guest, but sure as hell. You will still boo even then.

Its about being realistic and having faith.

No I dont want to get relegated - I would be gutted if we did. But the fact is:

- We do have a new team
              - And 70% of all games played so far, should have resulted in more points
              e.g. Spurs - 3 Points; WHU (2ndHalf) 1 Point

Its disappointing if anything, because most QPR fans have come to realise what to expect over the last few years. And very rarely have we booed a team. So why start now?

Comment

Working...
              X