Transfer Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Policy

Having watched every minute of every game so far this season I have to raise serious question marks over our transfer policy in the summer. I appreciate the team need some time to bed in after so many new players coming in but we looked so disjointed and horribly imbalanced tonight.

We made one of the signings of the summer in Junior Hoillett, he's in good form yet he can't get into the side. We also have less than a handfull of injuries and our back four looks make shift and we have no options up front. As for Diakite, after his so called performance tonight I'm starting to see how such a talented young player was so easy for us to get hold of, the guy is either completely stupid or just not in the right frame of mind to be playing professional sport.

Why, oh why, oh why did we sign so many midfielders? Right now I would trade in both Diakite and Granero for cover at left back or another option up front!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 01-10-2012, 10:16 PM.

Squad is so unbalanced its leaving us playing players all out of position. Hill and Onouha will get roasted at FB.

Comment

Said it in the summer. We needed another LB but Hughes didn't think so. The outfield selection should always consist of a 9-9-4 split, but Hughes went 8-11-3.

Come January, I'd get a LB, a CB, and two strikers, and say goodbye to Johnson, Onouha, Ephraim, and either Dyer or Derry, maybe both and bring Joey back.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
        Come January, I'd get a LB, a CB, and two strikers, and say goodbye to Johnson, Onouha, Ephraim, and either Dyer or Derry, maybe both and bring Joey back.
        It's all academic if Hughes is still there. His off pitch management has been every bit as bad as what's been on the park. Worst thing is how predictable this mess was.

Not many people banging on about how essential a new stadium is these days ;)

Comment

As I myself said, a decent sized squad is good, but Hughes has panic-buyed and bought too many players - yes, there can be a thing as too big a squad!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
            Said it in the summer. We needed another LB but Hughes didn't think so. The outfield selection should always consist of a 9-9-4 split, but Hughes went 8-11-3.

It's not rocket science is it?

You pick 2 Premiership quality players for each position and if you want to use the full 25 then pick a couple of versatile players for cover as well. I hate to use Chelsea as an example but I remember that is what Mourinho did well when he came in. He looked at the squad, decided who was good enough, worked out where there was gaps, then bought back-up for every position.

I'm sorry but I get the impression that Hughes & the board have been inundated with calls from agents representing players from all across the continent and they have just said yes to the ones they fancy rather than actually trying to build a proper squad. I can't see any other way that we have ended up with so many midfielders, yet still have insufficient cover in so many areas, it just doesn't make sense.

It's criminal really to think that we had the whole summer and all the financial backing we needed yet because of a couple of injuries we have fielded a make shift back four in pretty much every game this season.

Comment

Working...
            X